~Would You Rather?~ Chapter 16

Y/n's POV

A.N. HEYYY, THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT IS SHOWING LOVE AND SUPPORT, I HEAVILY APPRECIATE IT. ANOTHER THANKS TO PEOPLE WHO ARE GIVING ME PATIENCE AS I SLOWLY CREATE STUFF FOR THE STORY... trust me, you'll be needing patience soon.

Scaramouche heart was racing... Fast. I couldn't believe it.. Scara actually HAD a heart. We stared into each others eyes, our lips barely touching. I felt my body tense up once I heard the kitchen door creak open. I had to make it believable for the manager that we were... AHEM, kissing. One of my hands trailed up his neck into his hair, gently ruffling it. I felt myself blushing from how embarrassing this was... But mainly from the fact that my heart was racing as well. Scaramouche's heart raced more from my gentle ruffling... I think he liked it.

I heard the door quickly slam shut... Followed by a man's high pitch giggle.

My whole body told me two things
1. Pull away.
And
2. Don't pull away...

It almost felt like Scara and I were locked in that moment, even after Loid had left. My arms wrapped around his neck, one hand gently running fingers through his hair... Our noses side by side, our lips touching, staring deep into each others eyes. We weren't kissing, but it still made my heart flutter like we were.

I quickly snapped out of the moment, and pulled away from the "fake" embrace. I was somewhat flustered, but not compared to Scaramouche. He had a strong veil of red covering his face. He covered it with one of his hands. Not going to lie, I was amused by his reaction. He cleared his throat, then spoke up. "What was that?"

"A plan for the manager to leave us alone." I replied, in a smug tone.

Scaramouche met my gaze, once again. "By pretending that we were kissing?"He asked, almost sounding annoyed. I knew he wasn't though. "I almost thought you were actually going to..."

"Well it worked, didn't it?"

Scara stayed silent.

I smirked slightly, as I lifted myself onto one of the kitchen counters. "Would you have rathered if I actually did kiss you?" I asked, in a teasing tone.

"W-Wha?- No! I'm just saying we might've as well kissed, at that point." Scaramouche explained, trying to defend his flustered self. His gaze couldn't meet mine by the end of it.

I couldn't believe just how flustered he was. I couldn't help but giggle, which just caused him to be more flustered. I hopped off the counter, and crouched down to open the cabinet to see the black kitten fast asleep. I smiled softly, as I reached out to pet it. It mewed quietly, and I practically just died of cuteness right then and there. Adorable, adorable, ADORABLE

Scara was still on the rampage of trying to explain himself, but I just looked up at him, and put my index over my lips, indirectly telling him "Shut the fuck up, SOMEBODY is sleeping 🥱". Of course, I wouldn't tell him straight up; maybe next time, he would use mustard instead of water to dump on my head. He tilted his head in confusion, then crouched down beside me. He gasped softly, before smiling like a child on Christmas Day. He, too, died of cuteness that day.

After a while of silence, just watching the little kitten sleep, we finally got it some food and water. Apparently, Scara was already feeding it, which made the matter easier. We both struggled to leave it, and I honestly considered staying and sleeping there. I knew I probably shouldn't have... At least, I have some self control, when it comes to cats. Barely.... Not really. I finally spoke the first mature words I had in a while, "We should probably head back to the dorms. We don't want to seem like we're doing more than kissing."

Scaramouche was dumbfounded from the last part of what I had said. He was flustered, yet again. If the nosebleed thing was real, he would be a human fountain right then and there. It was fine though, not going to lie, I was making him like this on purpose; It entertained me. I was basically teasing him non stop up until we actually left the kitchen.

I peered outside, to see that there wasn't any car in sight in the parking spots. I figured, Loid must have left. I felt relieved, then I froze where I was standing. Loid would probably tease us about that, and use it to his advantage to attract more customers. I was screaming internally. It was for the cat, it was for the cat, it was for the cat.

My only words of comfort, in that moment.

Was this why Scara was so panicked about it? Or was he just so lonely that he had barely any human interaction? Eh, Both. Scara searched around the bakery, and didn't find Loid. He was relieved as much as I was. Scara locked up everything, and made sure everything looked fine before we left. It was crazy to think that we were actually kind of bonding. He always avoided me like the plague, and I just gave him the same attitude. For some reason, he changed and started messing with me, which just made me annoyed. It all still confused me, but it didn't change the fact that... well, I did like bonding with him. He was sweet, in his own way. I wanted to see more of this side, it wasn't thorny like his normal self. I really do think I want to learn more about Scara.

(IF YOU'RE LIKING THE STORY PLEASE MAKE SURE TO GIVE IT A VOTE, AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE FEEL FREE TO FOLLOW ME TO SEE MORE STORIES 🎉🎉🎉)