~This is Awkward~ Chapter 6

Y/n's POV

My thoughts came back to the real world surface when I received a text from Lola. It read "Hey! I wanted to introduce you to my boyfriend. We are currently going to the karaoke place in ____, if you wanna join! 😚" I thought for a second. It wouldn't hurt, and her boyfriend does sound like a great guy. I shrugged, and decided "why not?"

I put slightly more effort in since I was going somewhere besides school. There has been a cute dress I have been dying to wear, so I put it on. (DOWN THERE)

I didn't put my hair in a ponytail, for obvious reasons

Lola recently got us matching bracelets, so I put mine on. It brought a smile to my face.

I grabbed my bag, and left my dorm. It was pretty nice outside, so I didn't worry about bringing a hoodie. The fresh air was nice and refreshing.  It smelt like fresh picked dafoldils, until it smelt like cigarettes. Cliche college life, tsk tsk.

I walked to the subway station that headed near my destination. It was packed. When I got on I had, literally, no space. I was backed against the wall with some old guy pushed against me. I felt extremely uncomfortable. I just looked out the window, and tried to signal to him that I was uncomfortable with such close contact. Somebody noticed how uncomfortable I was. I couldn't see who, but that someone shoved past him, and made space between me and everyone else. Although, I felt bad. The person who put in effort for me to not to be uncomfortable was pushed against everyone else. I didn't dare look behind me to see who it was. I just felt the person lift up my hair and blow on my neck. I was dumbfounded.

Once it was my stop, I tried my best to get past people. I felt someone holding onto a keychain dangling from my bag. I didn't even care at this point. I needed to get off of the bus. When I finally got off, before I could sigh I heard someone sigh behind me. It scared the crap out of me. I finally turned to see who was behind me, and I felt like digging a 11 foot hole in the ground and put myself inside of it when I saw Scara.

He was probably the one behind me on the bus. And the person I really did not want to see. It'd make sense. I frowned when I realized he was the one who blew on my neck.

"You seem even more unhappy than usual. Especially when I did you a favor." Scaramouche said, in a surprisingly casual tone.

"I'm just heavily unlucky." I replied.

I tried to put my hands in my pockets to realize what I was wearing. I instantly felt more embarrassed. It looked like I was going on a date, when I was really just meeting up with Lola. I think he noticed too.

"I was going to go get groceries, but I could not handle being on the bus." He explained, as he yawned.

I was confused. There were multiple stops before mine, so why did he have to get off on mine? Specifically mine? I was gonna ask why, but I suddenly got pulled off by Lola. We both giggled. She brought the best mood out of me, truly. I almost tripped a couple times but I just laughed it off.

We finally got into the karaoke place, and then I realized that her boyfriend pulled Scaramouche. Wow. How unlucky could I be?! Lola just had a smug look on her face. She was, and has, definitely plotted my demise. I tried my best not to seem like I cared, but I was screaming on the inside. With rage. We just got into our room, and all sat down. Of course, I had to be sitting right next to Scaramouche. He didn't complain, either. At all.

I was going to take a drink of my alcoholic beverage I ordered, until Lola's boyfriend said "I guess it's couples night!"

In a very enthusiastic tone, too. I almost spit out my drink. I just swallowed it hard.

"We're actually not together." I had to say in a really polite tone.

The redheaded boyfriend just said in a awkward tone, "Oh! I thought you guys were together. It's just that..."

He pointed at my neck. My face instantly got flustered. I looked over to Scara to see him clearly amused.

"No, that was me." Scaramouche replied in a smug tone.

My mouth almost dropped open.

My face was a harsh red. I was so embarrassed. It didn't help either when Lola whispered something into her boyfriend's ear. Then he made a noise of realization. You could not tell me it wasn't about me and Scaramouche. I just drank off my embarrassment. Lola finally introduced everyone. Her redheaded, boyfriends name was, apparently, Ajax.

We finally got to the singing, and Lola started off with a cheesy love song. Her pretty voice made up for it, though. I felt less flustered from my buzz, luckily.

Once Lola was finished with her song, we all clapped. It was Ajax's turn. He also sang a girlie song. Firgalicous. He was very enthusiastic, and very amusing. It was my turn and I tried my best to turn the offer down. It failed. I ended up doing a duet with Lola, on a slow rythemed song. I almost cried laughing when Ajax pulled out a kazoo and went along with the song. It was a couple notes higher than what we were singing, and it made me stop for a second to laugh. Lola was getting a kick out of it too. It was, surprisingly, extremely fun.

When we were done I sat down next to Scara, and started drinking more. It was finally Scaramouche's turn, and he just did a duet with Ajax. Unlike me and Lola's duet, theirs was very awkward. The songs went on, and on, and on. It was incredibly fun. Ajax even did a little dance to the song Rasputin. We didn't leave till really late. Until I, of course, had to be a bit too intoxicated. I was, inconveniently, drunk.

(IF YOU'RE LIKING THE STORY PLEASE MAKE SURE TO GIVE IT A VOTE, AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE FEEL FREE TO FOLLOW ME TO SEE MORE STORIES 🎉🎉🎉)