~Did Something Happen?~ Chapter 3

(Author's note: Hey, guys! I hope you're enjoying this story so far. It's a bit scrappy, so thanks for anyone that's still reading! It was especially difficult to build the plot in the way I wanted in this chapter, so I suppose, trust the process? I hope you have a good rest of your day or night! :D)

Lola's POV

I won't let Y/n avoid the fact that she was locked in the janitors closet with Scaramouche. They hate each other. At least I convinced her to let me sleep over at her dorm.

"Oh, come on, Y/n! Something clearly happened~!", I said in the most whiny voice I could possibly do.

"I said it was nothing! I swear, he only just..." Y/n's voice trailed off as if remembering something important.

"AHA! So something did happen! I knew it! His face was so red, and he was smiling like an idiot walking away!" I exclaimed in a know-it-all tone.

Y/n's expression changed to surprise from my words.

"..Really?"

"Yes! He likes you! It's obvious!"

"He doesn't! He hates me!" But right when she said that I could tell she was questioning her own words.

"Then why was he blushing like that?", I asked her, already knowing the answer.

I then intertwined my hands in hers, like some teens sharing drama about their crushes, and squealed. I knew I had to ask Scaramouche about this later, since something definitely happened that Y/n won't tell me.

Y/n's POV

Is it true?! Does he actually like me?! Surely not...right?
Then the real question hit me. Do I... like him? I quickly answered myself. I, of course, don't like him. That's what I told myself, anyways.

My train of thought was cut off by Lola squealing, like some teenager.

"We don't like each other! It's nothing like that!", I said, almost as if begging her to believe me.

Lola is the type of girl to love gossip, and is really the girl any guy would fantasize about. Although, if she got her hands on any evidence that hints that I have love life, it'd be a disaster. And disaster indeed.

I just saw Lola roll her eyes.

"Plus, what if he was blushing from you?" I added on, while straying my eyes away from hers.

She held my hands tight to direct my attention towards her and her words. It worked.

"I wasn't the one trapped in the janitors closet, now was I? You're beautiful. No man, or woman, in their right mind would pass up the opportunity to be with someone as delicate as you." She said with such a sincerity that surprised me.

I just nodded, and gave up with arguing with her. It was pointless, after all.

"Now, I'm gonna grab my stuff for our perfect sleepover!", Lola said as she left my dorm.

I sighed, and flopped down on my bed. My eyes were shut with my hand dramatically resting on my forehead. I was bathing in the silence. It felt so peaceful in that moment, and I have no idea why. I just felt that something was missi-

My silence was caught off from Lola snickering and entering my dorm, once more. I quickly got up and that peaceful mood quickly slipped away from my grasp. She had the most mischievous grin. Something had to have happened while she was out.

"What happened?" I asked, slightly nervous for what she might say.

"So", she started off quickly and dramatic, "I might have run into somebody in the hallways~" Shit.

"And that somebody was Scara~" Shit!

"I couldn't pass up the opportunity to ask what happened, since I know something happened." SHIT!

"And he said he'd have to have a chat with you soon!~"
Haha... Why did she have to go run off and ask unwanted questions like I slipped up, and told her something?! I'm screwed.

Then I asked myself something else.

Why do I even care? He didn't even threaten anything. Why am I so nervous? Why am I trying my best to obey him like this?

I tried my best not to care, but it hurt that whatever we had back there was destroyed.

I just weakly said, "Lola... Please don't act like you know anything when you don't... It might've been something that shouldn't be tempered with."

She fell silent.

"Sorry... I-" I quickly cut her off. "Didn't know? I'll tell you as far as I'm comfortable with. Please don't push farther than that. I appreciate you being intrigued, and hyping me up, but for now I don't need it." I tried to break the tension with a soft understanding smile.

I wasn't angry at her. I just hoped for her to understand my boundaries that should have been set a while ago.

"Okay. I'm sorry, I won't do it again.", She said in a defeated tone.

I smiled wider. "Thank you."

She quickly changed the subject to her boyfriend, and how amazing he was. This topic was much better then my own lonely, love life, so I dealt with it.

We did all the girlie stuff. We painted our nails, did each others hair, and makeup. Lola also made me try on some outfits for ideal dates. She was truly boy crazy, and wanted me to be boy crazy with her. We soon later fell asleep next to each other. Lola would always manage to cling to me while sleeping. I didn't mind though, it was warm.

I woke up before her. Her mouth was open slightly, on my shoulder. I gently laid her head on a pillow, and got up. I decided to put my shoes and hoodie on to go on a walk. I left Lola a sticky note for when, or if, she wakes up while I was gone.

It was still dark out, and rather refreshing. I walked outside to see it raining once more. I smiled, and walked out in the open. I breathed in the sweet, delightful scent, and put my head back. I closed my eyes, like I did before. The same familiar feeling overcame me. I loved this feeling. I was at ease. The rain would fall onto my face, and stream down my hair. This was my favorite hobby. It would leave my mind blank, usually. Utterly blank. So why... Why did he have to be the only one I could possibly bring myself to think of?

(IF YOU'RE LIKING THE STORY PLEASE MAKE SURE TO GIVE IT A VOTE, AND IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE FEEL FREE TO FOLLOW ME TO SEE MORE STORIES 🎉🎉🎉)