~Sweets~ Chapter 13

(I JUST WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY FOR READING THIS FAR. AT THIS POINT I JUST GET RANDOM IDEAS AND GO WITH IT. I DOOO HAVE A CLIMAX OF THE STORY PLANNED, BUT I AM JUST GOING TO FILL IN THE GAPS NECESSARY... SLOWWLLYY. 😈😈😈)

Y/n's POV

I had fallen asleep, without even realizing it, and I already had to go! I completely forgot to set my alarm! Quickly, I grabbed my purse, jacket, brushed my teeth and hair, changed my clothes, and ran out. I panted when I finally reached the university. I barely even made it.

Last night, I was too focused on hiring for stupid jobs. Jobs like: Cat caretaker, animal shelter helper, Cat foster, more uncanny excuses to get close to cats, and a new bakery. The small bakery paid a decent amount, and was pretty new. The shop was called "Sugary and Sweet". Pretty cliche, for a bakery... but I'm an undeniable sucker for sweets, and cute things! *Cough, cough* Like cats...

Casually, during class, I checked if any of the jobs accepted me. To my surprise, none of the cat related jobs were interested. I groaned silently in my seat, but then saw that I got an interview for the bakery. I didn't know what to say or do, it was mainly a joke to even apply there.... but I'm an undeniable sucker for sweets, and cute things! My eyes gazed down at the date they wanted me to come in and I gasped. Some people glanced at me, but I was more focused on the fact that the date was undeniably today. I checked the date today, and the date on the email. It was the same. I wasn't sure if I was even prepared for this kind of job, but here I am. Smiling happily.

Throughout the day, I kept prepping in the bathroom mirror. That was, of course, for the interview. It reminded me of when I used to do that in the mirror, when I was in the 3rd grade. It made me cringe, truly. I ended up laughing my ass off each time I tried to practice in the mirror. I ended up just giving up.

Lola kept trying to talk to me, but I couldn't focus. Or, at least, barely even could. Plus, I didn't really want to. She was just talking non-stop about her amazing boyfriend, and how she wants to marry him. That's all I got out of what she was saying. We were both walking down the hallways, with our books held against our chests. We were looking time to time at each other, while rambling on. I liked moments like this. If I wasn't so invested in planning on the interview, I'd probably be extremely relaxed. Probably much more talkative. At times like this, all we had to worry about was walking and talking. Reminded me of when I was in highschool. I started to listen to her more, after she was finished talking about her boyfriend in such an awe filled tone. I wanted to savor this. What if I can't ever do this again? The thought made me sick to my stomach.

Lola walked with me to my dorm, after I told her briefly about my interview. Her face, when I told her, was a mix of admiration in the idea of me working at a bakery, surprise, and much more. The face she made almost stayed the whole time walking to my dorm. I already knew she was going to go through my closet and throw things at me to try on.

"I always imagined you being a bartender, or barista... But this is perfect, Y/n! You're going to look so cute, after I'm done with you! You better get this job. If you don't I will throw hands with the manager, I swear to god.", Lola explained.

It seemed like she was more excited about me working there than I did.

"Although, I do remember you saying you would most  definitely work at a cat cafe... What happened to that idea?", Lola went on, opening my closet.

I called it.

Once I registered her words, I sat on my bed. I waited for clothes to be thrown at me. I scratched the back of my neck, shamefully.