◆Chapter 68◇

Depuis le début

"What're you looking at, glasses?!" Snarled a bulkier man. "I'm gonna kill you!"

"What's the point of that?" Zin scoffed, a small smirk dancing on his lips as he faced the group of thugs. "Unlike you, Daddy Issues, I'm not a coward. I show my true colours indiscriminately."

"How the hell...?" Dabi growled. His eyes narrowed with realisation. "Twice."

"Yeah," Zin confirmed, taking off his glasses as the men got into fighting stances. "Once I choked it out of him, of course, he sang for me like a good little bird."

"Hey, trash! Didn't you hear me?!" Yelled the bulky thug. He charged towards them.

"In any case," Dabi said, his palm glowing a bright blue, "I still have a father."

"Ouch," Zin responded casually, making a finger-gun gesture with the tip of his finger lighting up towards the burly man charging them. "That's a pretty bad burn."

KA-BOOOM!!

The alleyway lit up in an explosion of blue and white flames, engulfed immediately. The thugs screamed helplessly as they were charred to death.

"Get down," Dabi stated, looking down at the charred corpses at their feet. "If you're trash, at least burn and be kindling for me."

"Hmm~" Zin mused, kicking the burnt thug at his feet. His hand dusted away. "Nothing like the scent of burnt bodies to get you in the mood for coffee, right?"

"Stop that," Dabi retorted sharply. "You making light of your trauma doesn't make you cool."

"So what? It's how I've lived my life in order to get this far. Besides," Zin picked out a wrapped package of Onigiri and threw it at Dabi. "Now that I've found my kid sister, I've been offloading on her. You should try it, it really helps."

"Pass," Dabi replied, catching the Onigiri with one hand.

"Coffee and corpses," Zin hummed, smiling to himself as they left the alley. "That sounds like a great title for this chapter. I bet she'd read it... Hey, let's go grab some coffee."

"Unlike you, I'm serious about my purpose," Dabi quipped as he ate the rice ball. "I intend to see it out to the fullest, so quit wasting time with games and detours."

"You're too philosophical about it," the silver-haired youth replied, ignoring the fact that he changed the topic for now. "When you boil it down to who you really are and what they've done to you... Well, I guess our circumstances aren't really the same, but... our hearts are aligned with almost identical goals."

Just then, a soft beeping noise came from Zin's pocket. Dabi raised a suspicious brow as he watched him pull a Burner phone out of his jacket.

"Hello, hello," he greeted. "Oh, Twice. Yeah, I'm still with him. Where are we? I don't know. We're going to get coffee. What?" Zin's brows furrowed together as he stopped walking. Dabi looked over his shoulder at him, decreasing his pace. "Slow down, Crazy Man. Say that again... Huh? What do you mean you found a man with a beak on his face?"

The previous night felt like a whirlwind of emotions for her and Miyuki barely slept a wink before sunlight seeped into her room. That, and of course...

The half-and-half girl felt her face warm up as she brushed her teeth, recalling the last part of the night's events vividly. She felt kind of embarrassed if she was being honest, but more than that -