Until Death Do Us Part (Bdoc)

The two of them sat at the edge of the cliff, feet dangling off the edge as the leaned against one another, watching the sun set under the horizon. Beside them sat a small tree, barely two feet tall with twig-like branches and leaves no bigger than a fingernail. It was a small azalea tree Bdubs had insisted they plant to celebrate their first year of dating. It had been a few years since then and they made it tradition that every date was spent by the tree so they remembered to water the plant.

He loved every one of their dates, even if they happened less this season with his perimeter and his 'unhealthy obsession' with TCG. 

Doc nuzzled his face into his boyfriends hair, a soft warmth filled him as he did so, his smile widening. A blanket of content happiness surrounded the two of them, then the shorter spoke softly. "I miss season seven, date nights every other week, the bickering, the HEP, the Resistance.." Bdubs drifted off. He took in a breath of the crisp air. "I do too Bee, but it's nice that we can still have these nights to ourselves. Then the fact that Xisuma let us keep the tree through the seasons."

The sun was now fully down, making way for the moon and stars. The cool air pushed against his coat and green fur. Doc laid his back to the grass, folding his arms behind his head.

"Yeah, I would've been upset if we had to leave Bernie in season seven." A chuckle filled the air as Doc's shoulders shook with his laughter. "I still can't believe you named the tree, and Bernie of all names." 

"Hey!" Bdubs snapped. "I just didn't want you to name the tree Goat or something!" He was still laughing as he tried to gasp in mock offense. "I wound not have named the tree Goat! I wanted to name it like Juniper or something." Bdubs grinned, "So you did want to name the tree!" 

A flush of pink, well more of a muddy brown, covered the creepers face. "Awe no it's a cute idea, maybe we should get a new plant that you could name Juniper." Doc sat up and hid his face in his hands, bringing his knees to his chest. "C'mere, out of that shell, I'm sorry! I'll put on some music to dance to?" 

"Better not be that classical crap you listen to.." he mumbled, standing up and holding out at hand for Bdubs. His boyfriend connected his communicator to the speaker and Mellohi started playing. "In fact it is thank you very much." Bdubs grabbed his hand and pulled himself upwards, leading them to the flowery plain behind them. 

Doc scoffed as he put his arms over Bdubs' shoulders, letting them dangle against the shorter's back. Bdubs placed his hands on the cyborgs waist. They danced, a practiced but somewhat natural thing, not needing much thought to do.  Doc pressed lazy kisses to the others head while Bdubs nuzzled his face into the soft fur of his chest. 

"You're beautiful." One murmured.

"Is that your way of apologizing for stepping on my toe?" The shorter grumbled. 

The song ended and Doc left to switch it to his music, and the first thing Bdubs heard was an electric guitar. "Doc! This isn't romantic at a-ll!" He just grinned and danced sloppily along with the music. Bdubs giggled at his antics, making his heart flutter. 

They goofed around, they danced, they laughed, time passed quickly while they were together.

Then, while they were sitting up, stargazing Bdubs started to stutter while he spoke, his voice was unsure. Doc just had to ask about it. 

"Bdubs, what's going on? You tired? We can end the date here and get you to bed if you want."

Bdubs shook his head frantically, "No, it's not that- it's just- I love you, you know that right?" Doc sighed in relief, nothing serious then. He put a hand overtop his boyfriends and nodded. "I know, I love you too."

"You know I want to be with you forever, right? The rest of my life with you. I love our nights like this, dates, stargazing, even those stupid cliche movie nights where you get all sappy on me. All of it." Bdubs' hand slipped out of his and into his hoodie pocket, Doc's mind was still stuck on Bdubs' words, the declarations made him stop thinking for a moment.

"I want to keep care of you even when you say your not tired or you say you're fine. I know you, and I want to know you more. I want to be with you while you're feeling sick or while you're tired. I want to share these nights so much more than we do now. All I need is your answer Doc."Bdubs shifted so he was on one knee, facing him completely.

He watched his boyfriend take in a breath, his skin was warm and his heart was drumming against his ribs. He knew what was coming now, he knew what he was going to say. It was taking every bit of self control in him not to interrupt Bdubs with his answer, but he waited.

"Doc.. will you marry me?" 

He saw the hope in Bdubs' eyes, the tinge of fear that was only revealed in his shaking hands that held out a small, opened black box the ring shone under the light of the lantern behind him.

The words were hard to say, mainly because he had no clue what words he should use.

"I- yes, of course I'd marry you Bdubs! Why wouldn't I?"

A grin appeared on Bdubs' face, the ring was pulled out and put around his finger in a rush so Doc could kiss his new fiancé.

Wow, how would he top this date?

_________________________________________

Uhm yeah, that happened.

Marriage scene?

No?

Yes?

I'll leave it up to you all.

Bye!

[word count: 978]