Hivemind (Bdoc)

Hivemind- the collective thoughts, ideas, and opinions of a group of people regarded as functioning together as a single mind. 

-

After many, many, many instances of hermits catching the creeper talking to the er- 'hivemind' as he called it Doc was called to a meeting to explain it. Doc had immediately refused saying that he's explained before and they didn't believe him. But then, he had an idea, he could explain the hivemind of course. But showing was more fun, and more mind breaking. 

He told the hermits that were coming that they had to be streaming for him to come. 

And they agreed. 

Oh this is going to be fun.

...

"So, we're all streaming like you asked, now explain it to us." Xisuma said softly, he was one of the few that believed him. Just him, Joe, and Pix. 

So he explained the basics;

The hivemind can watch the streams and tell him what's going on no matter where the streams are taking place or how long it's been since A video was posted. 

Then his explanation begged questions. 

"Can you see the 'hivemind' as you call it"

If they let him.

"Can you make them shut up?"

No. Not happening. Ever. He's tried.

"Do they help with projects?"

All the time. He tries to give credit where it's due.

"Can we see them?"

He knew a few of the hermits may have seen one or two of them without knowing. But they were special cases.

"Like who? And when? And.. how?"

Grian has probably seen a few before, due to his past as a Watcher. Joe and Pix because of their.. experiences in other realms. And then X is an admin so.

"Why can you see and talk to them and nobody else?"

He knew this question was gonna come up, so he explained a few select parts of his past and explained them in the most vague way he could, his past was a touchy subject still. So he ended up with a basic answer. Least amount of details he could while it still made sense.

He grew up with scientists that wanted to test some stuff on the most basic person they could find, Doc was an orphan boy who had a happy life in a shelter. An easy target. The scientists liked the telepathy Watchers had to each other, they  tried to give Doc that aspect to spy on them. It partially worked, giving him a similar connection to a field of plane with similar creatures, called viewers. Once viewers found out he could see and speak to them only a select few stayed, sometimes bringing more with them. The group that stayed was the hivemind.

The silence after the response was deafening. 

Then Grian said he believed him, he'd better after what they'd been through together.

The others still didn't believe him, which was fair. His past was a little far far fetched. So he asked them to go outside and do something odd, something he couldn't possibly guess.

They all went outside aside from X, Grian, Joe and Pix. 

'They're going outside.' A louder voice spoke.

"Yes, I told them to do that. We're you not paying attention?" Doc mumbled to the voice. Raising the eyebrows of the hermits that sat in the room with him