Better than you/Drabble(Bdoc)

Rose, now finished with her horrible writers block continued to type on her laptop. The other woman sat beside her playing random songs off her phone until Rose got an idea...Of course it had to be a Bdoc confession fic, what else would it be? Then the perfect song came on. Anything you can do by Ethel Merman. Let's get started. 

____[Doc pov]____

"That will never work, not in the way you want it to." I warned my old neighbor. He was attempting to make a redstone machine for who knows what behind his monolith.

"Yes it will! You just don't want to admit I'm better at redstone than you." He said flippantly.

A laugh escaped me, we both knew that wasn't true.

"Hey! Anything you can do, I bet I can do it better!" Bdubs shouted. "Nah, I can do Anything better than you" I said plainly, watching his face scrunch up the way it always did when he was angry.

"No you can't!"

"Yes I can"

His responses were loud and angry while mine were short and plain. I think the way I said only made him more upset, so I kept doing it like I always did. What? He looked cute when he was angry...wait, Bdubs is not cute.

"No you can't!"

"Yes I can."

"Nah uh!"

"Mhm"

"I can kill five skeletons without getting hit" he boasted.

"I made a hundred charged creepers spawn near me without them blowing up."

He grunted and looked around for inspiration. "I hit Scar with an arrow while he was flying!"

"I made a railgun that can one hit you with full netherite with protection four on it and it will all break."

"Wha... UHM I can build better!"

He can, we both know that...

I took out a giga pie to stall for time to think, just because I don't like king Ren does not mean I can't eat his pie. 

"Can you bake a pie?" He asked 

"Well, no."

"Neither can I" 

"I could make a friend in like five minutes!" boasted Bdubs

"You can't say that! It's not my fault I can't make friends easy!" I shouted

"Looks like I did." He grinned.

I clenched my fists, thinking, I had to think of something to win this.

"I can stay up later than you."

"I can keep a decent sleep schedule."

Damn it 

What am I going to say now?

Wait-

There is now way this will work...

"I'm a better kisser than you"

"What?! No you aren't!"

"Prove it" I sighed still somewhat hopeful.

"Fine!"

Bdubs then grabbed my lab coat and yanked me down to meet his lips. 

They were soft, that much was obvious. But the kiss itself was rough and desperate on both sides as I pressed back. My organic hand slid into his fluffy hair and my robotic one grabbed his waist. When Bdubs pulled away I acted solely from emotion rather than my usual logic and reason. Capturing his lips in a second, then third. When I finally felt as if I was drowning in the euphoric feeling, I pulled away from him.

Then I saw his face, bright pink and confused. 

Oh, 

"I-I'm sorry" I mumbled, looking to the floor. The facade of confidence melted away, this is not what the Goatfather would do, but it's what I had done. The Goatfather was smarter than me and was better than me, but when I really needed him he was usually there to hide behind. Not this time I guess.

"It was such a stupid thing to do but you did it first so I thought it was okay and I am so stupid and-"

I feel arms wrap around my waist and trace simple shapes into my back. Glancing up, I see a now grinning Bdubs. 

"What are you sorry for then?" The shorter chirped happily. 

He must've seen the confusion on my face and he giggled, the simple sound toyed with my heart strings. 

"I kissed you first dumbass!" 

Soon enough we were both laughing, I wrapped myself around Bdubs, my arms hanging over his shoulders. 

"God I love you" I mumbled into his hair. 

"I- I love you too"

_______________________

Rose felt the warmth she had gotten from writing this melt away into want for something like that. But she shrugged it off and turned off the laptop. She was not done for the day, that is for sure, but maybe she needed a snack first.

(Word count: 712)