Confused (Jizzie+Sausage)

Hi, I have to warn you, there is a little, /not so little/ shut up! There is a little panic attack somewhere in here. Also there is some Sausage being Sausage soooo be careful, if you don't know what that means then it means that there will be some painfully easy to spot innuendos and stuff. If you don't know what that word means then cool. You're innocent enough for it to fly over your head. Good luck!

_____[Smallishbeans]_____

Life is confusing.

Love is also confusing.

I have just learned about how many things can be confusing.

Especially since Sausage and I adopted Hermes.

We decided that since our son needed parents of some sort, that we could be like... platonic parents... or something like that.

It started well, Sausage would have him one week, then me the next. Whenever we were Busy Lizzie would babysit him... she is slowly starting to lose that privilege after the first time. But then things slowly started changing, I could hardly tell the difference until a few days ago. But Sausage and I were getting closer than i'd anticipated. 

Closer like we would hug a lot more than I remembered us doing, and I don't remember when we had began to platonically kiss each others cheek every once and a while. It happened so naturally I had almost believed that's how it always had been. 

Then yesterday happened,

(eArLiEr)

"Joel?" 

I spun on my heels and looked over to see Lizzie. 

"Yeah?"

"Have you and Sausage always been so close?" I looked at her quizzically at the question. Then I thought it over, a tinge of heat spread onto my cheeks. I quickly dismissed the question with the wave of my hand. "Nah, I mean we're close but the platonic kiss on the cheek thing is for Hermes, y'know? I mean if you're not okay with it I'll stop." 

"No, it's alright! You do you Joel."

...

I now almost wish she had told me to stop, or hadn't brought it up at all. Because now every time Sausage would give me that little peck on the cheek my face would light up with heat. I would have to either force down the blush or cover my face. 

Why do I react like that though? I didn't before.

Why did my face feel the need to turn pink any time Sausage made a stupid joke or coddled me with hugs?

Wait.

Hold on.

No.

That's not-

No- just no.

I denied it, I denied that possibility even though I was certain, I was shaky as I stood up from my bed. I grabbed my elytra and a few rockets then went straight to Lizzie's empire.

When I arrived I started walking over to her base, it was really late at night but I needed to do something with myself.

I walked into the house slowly and quietly and walked into her room. Then I gently shook her awake.

"Joel? What're you doin here at like three in the mornin?"

"It's two fifteen actually, but I was wondering if I could sleep here tonight?"

She looked me over. Even if we were married, we both still lived pretty far, and it was an odd request from me. However she did scoot over and lift up the blankets, so I took off my elytra and set down my rockets before climbing in bed. Lizzie fell asleep rather quickly while I played with her cat ears. Soon enough I had forgotten all about my revelation, she had that affect on me, and I fell asleep as well.