Christmas special pt1 (Bdoc)

(In this au (s7 because Hah) after they made up they started dating, they put the mansion back together and they never really moved out of the place) 

______________

An alarm screeched in my ears as I jolted upwards. The first thing I felt was the overwhelming cold that reached through my fur, then I saw my boyfriend sitting at the end of our shared bed. "Oh void, what is it?" I mumbled. Turning off the alarm on my communicator. "It's Christmas Eve Doc! What do you mean 'What is it'?!" He shouted.

"That's today?" I ask slowly, faking cluelessness. "Yes that's today!" He shouted at me. I turned my body so my feet fell onto the floor and slid into my crocs. "Okay, fine, I know...can you get me my coat?" I held my hand out expectantly, instead of putting it in my hand, he threw the lab coat at my face. When it did so, Bdubs exploded into a fit of giggles.

I took the coat from my head and slid it on. "Alright, alright, let's get downstairs and set up everything, thanks for letting us decorate on Christmas Eve this year." I said as I got up, following Bdubs downstairs. "No problem Doccy!" He chirped. Warmth crawled under my skin at the name. "You have to stop calling me that." I mumbled.

"But whyyyyy? It's a cute name!" He giggled, jumping down two stairs at a time to get to the kitchen. "Okay, okay, just...can you get the tree decorations out while I make coffee?" I asked, heading to the kitchen. "Already on it!" He shouted from the other room.

I made myself a cup of black coffee and Bdubs' loaded with cream and sugar. Honestly I don't know how he drinks a cup of coffee with fifty percent creamer in it. Shrugging, I moved to the main room which had a spruce tree filling up one of the sides of the room. A couple of shulkers littered the floor, each one filled to the brim with random glass or plastic decorations for the tree.

"Alright, I guess we should get started." I said, taking a sip from my cup then setting it down on a nearby table.

_____________

"And it's finished. The tree is decked out, no more ornaments." Bdubs sighed as he put the final decoration on the lowest branch of the large tree. I looked upwards at the tree. "What about the star?" I asked rather plainly. "The star! Right!" The shorter of the two ran over and grabbed the star from a yellow shulker. "Hand it over." I sighed

Bdubs passed the star over for me to put it at the top of the tree- crap. "Bubs I am... I'm too short to reach the top of the tree." I mumbled softly. "Wut?" "The tree is almost 8 feet tall, I cannot reach it." I said again.

"Fine, let's get a ladder." Bdubs said.

"We don't have any."

"You know what?! Screw it." Bdubs grabbed my shoulders and stood behind me. "What are you doing?"

"Crouch down, I'm getting on your shoulders."

"Bdubs, no! That is not a good idea, what if I drop you?!" I yelled, spinning around to face him.

"What? You're strong enough to carry me. It'll be fine."

"If you get hurt It's your own fault then." I said as I knelt down. Bdubs sat on my shoulders. "I'm standing up in three, two, one." I got up to stand on my feet, Bdubs grabbed the fur at the top of my head to keep stable.