Inner voices (Smallishbeans)

Why was he like this?

Why did he hear them constantly?

They were supposed to go away.

It was supposed to be gone a long time ago.

All of it.

____

"GET OUT! GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HOUSE WOMAN!" Dad was angry, he was so angry. I rushed to the safety of my room and listened in on Mom and Dad's yelling match.

"YEAH THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT! NOW DON'T YOU EVER COME BACK OR YOU ARE DEAD!" Dad never got this angry. I slid under my blankets, maybe if I hid under the blanket, dad wouldn't be able to find me.

I heard the stomping on the wooden stairs, then he slammed open the door. "This is your fault Joel, you messed up and now your mother won't be coming back. How could you?" He asked, his voice was stern and so angry. "D-dad I-I'm so sorry, I-"

"well 'sorry' isn't going to cut it! So face me like a man and get out of your bed NOW"

I slid out of the blankets and stood on the wood floor, eyes closed, muscles tensed, I was ready.

SLAP!

____

He hit me more often now that mom wasn't here to calm him down. He found new ways to punish me for taking mom away from him. Like the boiling water he'd make me put my hands or feet into.

It was almost daily, sometimes though, when a woman was over for a night he would be all happy and he would give me hugs and pats on the head. If I even flinched a little bit he would hit me afterwards when the lady left.

He said they left because they didn't like me. That was probably true, if mom left because of me, they probably did too.

______

I left as soon as I turned eighteen and enlisted in a prize giving competition called Third life, I lost. A while later the competition opened back up, with a new twist... the voices could get you. Last life was easier, eleven people lost the pvp battles to me.

When the competition was over I joined a new community, Empires, they let him be whatever he wanted. Even a God.

The quiet voice from Last life never left me like it did everyone else.

_____

"Hey Toy Boy!" I yelled, grinning. He knew it was all just a fun tease. Jimmy even admitted that he found the teasing funny.

"Hey! I AM NOT A TOY!" He yelled back, grinning. I landed in the center of Tumbletown, Jimmy across from me, he tipped his hat jokingly. "How is the...Stratos you're callin' it? How's it coming along?" I sighed, "Yeah it's doing fine,  wait- one second."

I sat down so I was eye level with the sheriff. Then pulled out the small toy I had made...with the help of lore, and set it next to him.

He took one look at it. "Nooooo JoEL!!!" his voice cracked near the end as he yelled at me. I chuckled, "I've got a Toy Barn, two diamonds a piece!" I lit a rocket.

"JOEL NO! GET RID OF I-" I flew off before I could hear the rest.

___(3rd pov)___

Joel had been getting slightly more annoying lately, everybody noticed and it started to get on their nerves, he was just more...clingy than normal.

 He's gotten like this before, but never at this scale. Even Lizzie was caught off guard by it. So, they did the most logical thing, and ignored it, they declined his offers to hang out 24/7.