A god's regret (Smallishbeans)

Hi guys, how's life?

I currently have forgotten what sleep is and just listened to this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTHN1eWN7iU

When my brain went straight(gay) to Smallishbeans.

Without further adooo...

Another chapter.

(For this chapter, please reference 'story of the century' it will make more sense.

_____[Smallishbeans]_____

"Hey Pa!" I glanced down to see Hermes, smiling and jumping around the area next to my bed.

"Hermes, it's bloody two in the morning you should be asleep." I sighed, this kid is always hyper and running around. Perks of being a messenger god for him I guess. "But you're not asleep!"Hermes protested, he had recently learned that I can be a hypocrite sometimes, and that he could use that against me. 

"Fine, what is it?" I asked, scooping up the boy and setting him in my lap so we both sat on the bed. "You know those temple thingies you made for the gods?" He asked. "Well, yes, what about them?"

"You said there were like thirty gods! But there's only enough room for like two more temples! That's not fair for the other gods!" Hermes shouted. 

'That's not fair.'

"Hermes, this is different, I'm only making a few temples for a reason." I said calmly.

"But it's not! They deserve to be remembered too! You said that everything needs remembering!" 

"THEY DO NOT!" I shouted. 

Then I heard a sob, 

Fuck.

I hugged my son tightly, putting my fingers in his curly hair. "Shh, I'm sorry for yelling Hermes, so so sorry, I shouldn't have done that buddy. Can you forgive me?" I asked, me voice soft. I glanced down to see Hermes with puffy cheeks and tear tracks. Hermes nodded softly, "I yelled too, sorry Pa." 

"Hey, it's alright, now, I think I owe you okay? What do you want Hermes, a snack?" I asked.

"Tell me why they don't deserve it."

"What?"

"Please?"

I glanced around the room, thinking for an out, but I felt kind of bad, and... ugh, he does deserve and explanation...

"Alright Hermes, remember when I told you about the last rulers? And how I survived the flood? It started soon after that. Okay?"

"Okay!" Hermes grinned.

............

I woke up stronger than before, and taller, new power surged through me. I allowed myself a small smile and the comfort of a stupid joke.

I'm no longer short.

'Joel, you're awake'  A voice spoke, one I didn't recognize. It sent a shiver down my spine and made the ground rumble with it. Whatever spoke this was not Aeor.

'You are correct Joel, I am Τιτάν.' 

My mind recognized the unfamiliar word without me knowing, as if it were a forgotten thought coming back to me. "A Titan... y-you're Aeor's father?" I spoke.

'But of course I am, and you are the one I chose to represent me on earth.'

"Why did you choose me... Titan." I added the last part, not knowing what to call a celestial being that saved my life.