Valentine's special || So far yet so close (Bdoc)

Just a little heads up: this is a modern day au. So all of the hermits that are included in the oneshot are put in a modern setting, not in Minecraft. And according to this coin I just flipped, there are no hybrids, sorry. But Doc IS a cyborg tho. Doc still lives in Germany and Bdubs in America. Remember kids, we ship persona's ONLY in this oneshot book

_____[Doc]_____

I hopped on Discord, as per usual, at around seven or eight at night, a slice of pizza sat on the desk next to my mouse and a glass of water next to it. I was ready to talk to him.

Allow me to elaborate, 'Him' is a man I met online on a server a couple years ago, he was named Bdubs and was only one or two years younger than me. We had hit it off from there, playing games, usually Minecraft, every week. Which quickly grew into every day. Then we started dating, even if we argued sometimes, we still enjoyed it. 

The only problem? I lived across the planet, in Germany, Bdubs lived in the United States. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to meet him in real life. Maybe even just to hug him, to see him. But it's too far, Bdubs would have to wait until my bank account fixed itself. 

Speaking of Bdubs, he's on Discord. 

"Hey Bee." 

"Hi Doc!" The other yelled. There were sounds of chatter and loud walking, he's in a cafe maybe? "Where are you at? It's loud." I asked. "Oh! Nowhere, how's your Valentine's Day?" He asked. 

Oh fuck today is Valentine's Day. 

Right 

"It's fine, wish you were here with me though, but alas, I guess I must settle for hearing your beautiful voice." Bdubs giggled madly at that, bringing a grin to my face as the sound disturbed the butterflies in my stomach. "Hey, can I have your address? I want to mail you something for today!"

"Bee you don't have t-"

"But I want to." He interrupted. "Okay, but just because you want to- don't spend much on me." I said as I texted him the address so he could just copy paste it elsewhere.

"I spent a thousand bucks on you." 

"BDUBS!" 

"I'm kidding."

"You better be." I grumbled, rolling my eyes. "Hey uh, can you do face cam? I haven't seen your face in a while and..I miss you." I mumbled the last part. "Awe, I miss you too, but not right now.. how about in like... seven minutes?" I heard a car door shut on Bdubs' end. "One sec-" Bdubs mumbled before muting. A second later he was back, "Are you in a car?" 

"..Maybe."

"Why are you calling me while in a car? That's unsafe. We can call later." I said, I about to hang up.

"No it's safe, I'm in a taxi, not driving. Chill out." He assured. Like that magically answered all my questions. "Why are you in a taxi?" Bdubs hummed, "Going to someone's house, can't use my car. Anyway, enough about me, how's your life?" 

"Uhm, fine I guess, long day of work and then I had to clean the whole house." 

"That's good- thank you, yeah that's great." A car door shutting. He must've been thanking the driver or something,  "I hope you have fun with cleaning, I have had a log day too, I actually took off work at the demolition for a few weeks. I need a break." 

"That's great! What time is it where your at right now? I don't wanna busy you." 

"Your not busying me, I just told you, I'm taking the next few weeks off. I gotta mute- one sec."

I hummed and let him, Then I heard a knock at my door, great.

I got up to go get it. I opened the door to see who it was then.

No way. 

This idiot.

"Hey Doc, so- maybe I want kidding about spending a thousand on you- but it wasn't on you, just a flight here!" Bdubs was rambling, he was here, in Germany. And he was just standing there.  

Five nine is a lot shorter than I thought it would be compared to me. It's a perfect size to just hold him. Bdubs was still rambling about the flight, I took the grand opportunity to start hugging him. I felt my heart speed up when he hugged me back, I felt him gripping my shirt and pulling me closer. 

I felt him.

There was no phone or computer screen, no ocean between us. Just Bdubs.

When we pulled away Bdubs looked concerned, why was he concerned?

"Doc, are you crying?"Oh, that's why. I moved my hand to my face to wipe the water from my eyes. "I- I guess I am. D- do you know how much I love you?" 

"I hope so, or I wouldn't have come." Bdubs chuckled lightly. "Come on in Bee, do you have anything with you?" I asked. My boyfriend grabbed red suitcase to his side. "This is all." He mumbled, walking inside and shutting the door behind him. 

I had an idea, a very tempting idea. I felt myself begin to lean into that temptation when I began to speak.

"Set that down." I said once we reached the living room. Bdubs did as I said. 

I turned and gently held Bdubs' chin, pulling it towards my face. "Can I?" The small nod that followed was all I needed to lean in. When our lips met, warmth began to coarse through me, quickly followed by a sense of pure euphoria. I moved my hand so I only pushed Bdubs closer with my hand at the back of his neck. Both of us only pulling away when the need for air got to prominent to ignore. 

"God I love you." The shorter panted.

"I'm glad to hear that!" 

_____[third pov, one week later]_____

Bdubs had ended up staying at Doc's house, they never left each others side. Lazy kisses and cuddles became a quick commonplace between the two. 

This morning was by far the nicest... in Bdubs' opinion anyway.

_____[Bdubs]_____

Doc rolled over and hugged me around the waist, so yeah I was the little spoon, I was smaller and it felt nice to be held. I was always up first because Doc stayed up late so I got these moments. Listening to Doc's steady breath and his warm heartbeat. 

It was expensive to get to Germany, I had planned this trip out for months in advance, but it was worth it, even if it was just for a few weeks, maybe Doc could apply for a visa to the US next. 

I had also learned that Doc has a habit of purring on accident when he's really tired or just calm. He thinks it's stupid, being the idiot he can be. I think it's adorable so- yeah. I turned to face Doc's chest and scooted upwards until I was able to press soft kisses to his neck. 

"Hmm? Oh." Doc mumbled softly, quickly burying his face into my hair. 

"Did I wake you?" I asked. "Mhm, s'fine though." Doc responded. 

This was perfect. 

Even though I had to go in a few weeks, we'd figure something out. 

Because in what world would I want to leave this, leave Doc? 

____________________________________

Just a cute little Valentine's Day special for y'all. If anyone else is lonely today with nobody to spend time with I'll be happy to chat to you guys on the loneliest day of the year- also if anybody has some bdoc fluff or bdoc hurt/comfort let me know and give a link cuz I need to feel better too :D