Epilogue

Carter's POV

(Flashback to the wedding)

The day Noel and I got married, I was nervous. I think I was more nervous than I was when I proposed. It took a year for Noel to plan the wedding, I chose the color. Blue and white was what I wanted, though she wanted green. I picked green because it's what she wanted, but I still liked it. She didn't seem to think so.

All of the dress shopping for her and the bridesmaids, the tuxes for the best man and groomsmen, the cake testing, the stress, the whole process was worth seeing her walk down that isle to me.

As I got dressed that day, Kale was talking to me, trying to calm me down. He was my best man, though Mark was a little angry about it.

"We look good bro! I think we're ready. You got your vows?"

"I don't need them, I'll just tell her how I feel. Oh my gosh. I don't think I planned this far ahead. I'm lucky she ever said yes, and for the past year, I never really thought about it until now. Dude, I'm getting married. She's actually going to marry me.. It's about to happen." He grabbed my shoulders and shook me.

"She loves you man! Stop worrying about it. It's almost time to get out there and you're not going to walk away." I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Uh hell no I'm not! This is great, it's a miracle. I'm just so fucking nervous. Fuck it, let's do this." He laughed and patted my back.

"That's the spirit." Yeah, I was like that for a while until those doors opened. My mouth dropped. She was so gorgeous, and like I always say, she always is, but damn. I can't believe that she's about to be my wife. MY wife. MINE. Mr. Stewart walked her up to the front row, and I met them and put my arm out for her to hold.

"Your mouth's been open the whole time. Is that drool?" She whispered as we walked under the arch. My eyes widened, and I closed my mouth and wiped it. She laughed.

I didn't hear anything the priest said. I was staring at Noel. Wow, what a beauty. Her name is about to be Grace Noel Coleman. Woah. They'll call her Mrs. Coleman at the school now. I'll even be Mrs. Coleman, or Mister. I honestly don't care.

"Do you two have your vows today?" I heard that because it's the first thing I have to reply to. I nodded, but Noel goes first.

"Carter, the first day I met you, I knew there was something about you. I thought it was weird that you intrigued me after one day, and now I see why. Baby, you've stole my heart, and I can't even tell you exactly when you did it. Maybe somewhere in between those funny jokes of yours, those smirks, and smiles, the hugs, and kisses, I don't know." She smiled as tears fell from her eyes and I wiped them. "I love your childishness and maturity, the times when you're serious and playful, the times when I want to be mad at you, but you make me laugh and I can't do it, and the fact that you hate to wear those glasses because you think they make you look like a nerd. I love it all, and I don't want to lose it. You keep me warm, and you protect me no matter how much I insist that I can protect myself. I'm always smiling or laughing around you, I've never been so happy before in my life. This isn't even half of what I feel about you. If I had to explain it all, we'd be here forever. I just feel like the happiest woman alive." I smiled widely. I guess it's my turn. I took a deep breath.

"It feels like I've started over. When we first met, I was a nervous wreck around you. When I saw you walking down that isle it all came right back. I can't help it, that's what happens when you've got a woman this great about to marry you. Noel, I didn't expect to fall in love until after college. I didn't expect to get married until I was at least 30. I never believed in relationships, I thought I was too young and it wouldn't work. Look at me now. I don't regret anything. I love to wake up in the morning to those blue eyes. Remember how red was my favorite color? I changed it, it's definitely blue. You distracted me. I told myself that I wouldn't get a girlfriend until school was over with, it would mess me up. I was wrong. You made me so much better. I'm never leaving your side. I don't have to knock on wood because nothing's tearing us apart, ever. I don't care what I have to do, I'll always fight for you. I'll be there to hold you when you've had a bad day at work. I'll be there to cook for you and care for you whether you're sick or not. I'll always love you and treat you like a queen, because it's what you deserve. I swear I will, until I die." She smiled and wiped my face. I didn't know I was crying. They got the rings from the ring bearer. It was Jackson and Rose's son, Chase, but Jackson was holding him.