Chapter 15

Carter POV

It's been a month since Noel and I have been, well what should I call it? Talking?

I asked Mark about the feelings I get around her, and when touching her, but he's no help. The first time, he giggled and ran out of the classroom. Like really, he left. He grabbed his things and left, I just went to practice. I got cleared two days after I came back to school.

The second time I told him to be serious and to stop playing. He nodded and told me I was falling in love with Noel. He's full of bull shit, because, wouldn't I know if I was falling for someone?

So I decided to ask Luke, but he just smiled and told me he'd rather me figure it out on my own. Thanks you guys, for all the help. I kinda got scared about it though, and I think I'm pulling away from Noel. I'm not trying to though. She notices that I am, I think she's getting worried.

Today was Friday and I'm going to Noel's house tonight to play basketball against Alex. Turns out she brought hers and Noel's house has a small court and goal in her backyard, so it'll be better just in case someone from school lives around here. I went into her classroom that morning with Mark. We walked in and locked the door behind us.

Noel was erasing the board and I smiled at seeing her and my heartbeat quickened. See, that's one thing. I shrugged it off like always and I walked up behind her and put my arms around her waist. Just that touch does things to me, that I can't explain. But I always shrug it off also.

She turned around and smiled at me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and dropped the eraser.

"Please don't kiss in front of me. I mean you guys are cute, but I'm so jealous."

"Your fault you won't tell Josh you like him." He groaned and left out of the classroom, locking the door behind him. This is the same thing that happened with Noel and me. They're in denial, and now I see what they meant. I turned to her and smiled.

"Good morning gorgeous." I said and kissed her. See, this is when it's weird. I can't just shrug this off. It keeps getting worse too, but I don't know what it is. Every time I kiss her, these feelings course through me. Plus the ones I feel when I touch her. It scares me. I end up freezing for a bit and then slowly getting into it. Then, at the same time, I'm nervous because Mom wants to meet her. I haven't told her that yet.

She pulled away and walked away from me.

"Carter, what's wrong with you?" I shrugged. I really don't know.

"Are you having second thoughts about us? I pushed you too fast didn't I? When I taught you to tongue kiss, I rushed it. I'm sorry, I mean you asked about it, I thought you might've liked it. Maybe I should've just told you about it instead. We should've just stayed like it was... It's Amy too huh? You like her again? Dammit, I knew I couldn't compete with her. I just really wanted to be with you. I thought that this time, it'd be different, but I guess we're not actually in a relationship. So I guess you can do whatever you want. I can't be mad at you." She said pacing. I let her finish, then I stood in front of her to stop her pacing and held her hands. She looked down, she wouldn't look at me, so I pulled her chin up and looked her in her eye.

"Grace, you've got it all wrong. I do still like you. I'm not having second thoughts. You're not moving to fast, when you taught me to tongue kiss, I asked you to. It was my idea, I did like it. I would not leave you for Amy! Why would I leave you for anyone? I'm happier than I've ever been with you. You light up my day. You're my first kiss, and I want you to be the first for so much more. Talking about competing with Amy? Baby, you've already won, against her and everyone else. And you're right, we're not in a relationship, but it feels like it. And I'd be pissed if I found that you were with someone else, so yes you have the right to be mad. Even though it's not official, I am yours. And I mean it. Now, as for what's wrong with me? I'm nervous. Trust me I really really like kissing you. I swear I'm addicted, and the only treatment is just being around you. There is no cure." She smiled widely and her eyes watered. Honestly, I plan on forgetting about this stupid deal and asking Noel to be my girlfriend.