Chapter 7

Carter POV

"Coleman! Focus! This is not you! What the hell is wrong with you! Get your head together! Do you need a break?" Coach yelled at me.

"No coach. I'm okay, I don't need a break. I just need to push harder. I'm good." Noel Stewart, this is your fault. She's all in my mind, I can't get her out of my head. The way it felt for her to hug me. I'm still taller than her with her heels on, and her head was basically laying in my neck. It felt so nice, and right. Her touch, I crave another hug, a handshake, her feel, something.

I took a deep breath and focused as hard as I could until the end of practice. After we did the thing at the end, coach called me to his office.

"Carter, come here." I nodded and ran inside.

"Yeah Coach?" He sat at his desk.

"Sit down." I sat across from him.

"Are you okay? I haven seen you like this since your freshman year." I nodded.

"I'm okay. Just having a few problems.

"Girl problems again?" I nodded.

"Unfortunately yes." He laughed.

"Well, the only way it'll leave is if you tell her, and let your feelings out. That's how it was with me and my wife. Maybe something good will come out of it. You're a great kid. By the way, why didn't you tell me you're only here for half a year?" I sighed.

"Don't worry Coach, I won't leave the team. I'm staying until the season's over." He laughed.

"That's fine and all, but I wanted to congratulate you for that. I'm proud of you kid. You'll go far in life, just stick to what you do. But get you a nice lady to do it with." He said laughing.

"Thank you Coach."

"Okay, you can go now." I laughed and told him goodbye then left without a shower or changing. I have to get to Mark's house around 10 and its 6.

I sit at home for a few hours, and study. Mom was at work still. Then I left, but first I'm getting some food.

I've ate bad already today, so I stopped by the deli and got a sandwich with wheat bread. It's not the best I can do but fuck it. If I end up gaining weight or getting slow Coach will set out a plan for the whole team, and we have to follow it. I'll just run a few miles tomorrow.

Then I drove to Mark's house. I put the key into the door and walked in.

"Mark!"

"In the room, come on in." I walked into his room. He had on tight skinny jeans and a red v-neck.

"Dude I can see your dick, it's begging to breath in those pants." He shrugged.

"The tighter the better. They love them, plus my ass looks great. Let's go pick up your girl, her possibly hot brother, and your rival." I shook my head at him. We got into the car. She texted me her address earlier, so I put it into the GPS.

"She hugged me today. Had my mind all fucked up, her smell, and her touch. It felt so fucking right! I also told her she's beautiful and anyone would be blind to not see it. I kinda confessed it all to her." I spit out quickly.

"So you admit you like her finally?"

"I have no other choice. She told me to chase her, so I'm done hiding it, and I'm gonna chase her. Even though she said she likes someone. I mean, I'm leaving halfway, so if it doesn't do well, I'll be fine. I hope it does though because this is different." He smiled at me. I'm still scared though.