Chapter 21

Carter's POV

I'm in love with her. I figured it out today at school. Right now, it's last period and I'm with Mark.

"Mark, I need you to start giving me therapy again." He looked up at me surprised.

"You do?" I laughed and nodded. "Did Noel tell you you needed it? If she did, that means it's getting bad." I shook my head.

"No, I realized that it's getting bad." I sighed. "Every time one of those guys looks at Noel like a piece of meat, or if they try to flirt, it makes me want to beat their ass. I just get enraged by it, because I think what if she leaves me for someone else? What if she doesn't really love me." He squinted his eyes at me, then nodded.

"You keep thinking what if she's like Jessica. And not in the way that she'll beat you up, or get someone to. That she'll say she loves you but she doesn't. She'll leave you or hurt you like Jessica did. But this time it'd be worse, and you know it." I nodded.

"I'm in love with her. I wasn't in love with Jessica, I just thought it was nice that she loved me. Though I did like her a lot." He smiled widely.

"So you finally admit that you love her?" I nodded laughing.

"Mark, at first it wasn't the fact that I didn't want to admit it. I just didn't know. Then, today, I was scared because I almost told her, even though I wasn't ready. I still didn't think I was. But then, once again, someone had to show me that I could lose her. Then I realized that I love her." He clapped and squealed.

"My little sister finally had her first love. Oh my gosh, you have to tell your Mom and Luke! They have to know! They'll be so happy."

"I haven't even told her yet, I should tell her first. You know you're always the one I come to first unless Amy beats it out of me. Which she kinda did today. In class today, Brett was asking if her boyfriend had fucked up by now and all of that. Then Noel took up for me." I smiled remembering it. "She said that she loved me and that I didn't fuck up. But I know I did. After class, Amy drug me to the bathroom and fussed at me."

It was basically 'Look what you've done to her, she looks horrible. All because you avoided her. What if she decides one day not to take up for you because she's tired. Because you keep fucking up. You need to stop before she gets tired of you and it's over. Step up and be a man. Stop running from her, stop being scared. This whole time you've been telling her your feelings like it's nothing, and now you're acting like a coward. I swear you and Alex are both stupid and suck at relationships.' But don't worry, she still really likes Alex. She's just frustrated at her, she fucked up too.

"Seems like it opened your eyes." I nodded.

"I'm going to tell her I love her tonight, over a surprise dinner. Good thing I've earned a key to her house. Now what I need you to do is ask her to go shopping with you or something. Get her away from the house after I leave practice. I need to cook, and get everything ready." He nodded.

"Soo, C... When are you two going to have sex?" I coughed and looked at him confused.

"I'm sure not any time soon." He raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, I'm gay, and I know Noel is very attractive.. You have to be sexually attracted to her, don't lie. I mean sometimes you sleep in a bed with her and she only has on a big shirt and underwear. You'd have on a bra and boxers. One time I walked in on you two kissing under the covers, I thought you were having sex. I mean you were on top of her." I shrugged and he rolled his eyes. I laughed and sighed.

"Okay, so yes I think about it a lot. She gets me.... aroused a lot. But we haven't talked about it, and we haven't ever almost got to that point. It's just making out and we stop way before it gets to that point. Like, I've not seen her with just a bra on. But dammit, sometimes she touches me, and it turns me on. Or she'll just have gotten out of the shower, and her hair's wet, and I think 'hmm, wonder what she looked like in the shower..' It's getting worse to be honest." He gestured for me to keep talking. "I'm definitely not telling you how it's getting worse.. But I'll tell you that I've watched porn to be comfortable and know what to do somewhat. I think she's waiting for me. To take initiative and start it up. I mean she knows I haven't done anything, but she has. So, she probably doesn't want to rush."