Chapter 26

Carter's POV

Oh my gosh, I'm so nervous. This is my girlfriend, the girl that I love, the girl who I want to spend the rest of my life with, it's her mom. Her mom who probably thinks I'm shit.

"Okay, start talking. This is a first, entertain me."

"Mrs. Stewart, I just want you to know that I love your daughter. She's told me about the other's, how you hated them, and gave them a hard time. I think I know why you did it. I don't think it's because you don't accept her." She raised her eyebrows at me and smirked.

"Is that so? You think you're smart? Let me hear it."

"I think you want the best for her. She's your daughter, you love her. You don't want just any person to come through and not be serious about her. If those others really loved her, they'd have stuck through it and stayed with her even though you hated them. At the same time, you're being hard on her because you want her to do the best she can. But I know you're proud of her, though she doesn't think you are-"

"She doesn't think I'm proud of her?"

"She thinks you're disappointed in her." She scrunched up her eyebrows.

"Continue with what you were saying." I nodded.

"You have to be proud of her, I mean look at all she's done. I think those others were stupid. I think that they didn't love her. But I do. I love her, and if I'm wrong, and you still don't approve of me, I'll make it my goal to have your approval. But I won't leave her, because she's the one who was put on this earth for me. I'm not letting her go. I'll be there until I die. So, I'm just telling you now, put out any obstacles you usually do. I'll prove to you and Grace that I'm different than the others."

"Does she let you call her that?"

"Grace?" She nodded.

"Yes ma'am. Sometimes I do, she doesn't mind." She nodded.

"Have you two had intercourse yet?"

"No ma'am... I'm.. I've never done it at all." She raised her eyebrows.

"How long have you two been together?"

"Officially, a little more than two and a half months. Before that, we didn't have a label on it, and that was a month."

"How old are you Carter?"

"18."

"You're her student aren't you?" How did she know that? Noel said she didn't know.

"I am, but only for a two or three more months. I get out early, I'm only still there because I play basketball and I'm the captain." She nodded but stayed quiet, she seemed like she was in thought.

"I guess that's all... thank you for listening." I turned around.

"Wait." I stopped and turned back towards her. "Thank you, for loving my daughter, and being there for her. And thank you for coming to talk to me, that's very mature of you." I smiled and nodded.

"Thank you, for Noel." I walked out of the room. How the hell do I get to Noel's room? Okay, this is the fourth floor.. I took out the map.

It took me ten minutes to find my way to Noel's room. I knocked on the door, and I heard barking.

"Come in." I opened the door.

"I'm backkkk!" Roberto was on the bed with Noel. I closed the door and went over to them and laid down beside them. Roberto ran over and stared licking my face. I laughed and played with him. Noel laughed too and I laid on her shoulder.