Chapter 18

Noel's POV

You know, it never occurred to me that Carter and I would be doing the same thing with the same people. I was going to meet Alex's friend, and she was meeting Amy's. At the same time. I didn't think I'd be meeting Carter at my house... Again in less than an hour.

Imagine my surprise when Alex opens the door and Carter and Amy are there. Carter looked very angry, and she was glaring at Alex. Alex looked confused that Carter was there.

"Ms. Stewart? Is that you? Carter, look who it is!" Amy said. Carter just smiled awkwardly, and glanced at Alex. I don't think she liked that Alex was with Amy.

"Uhh, hi you two.. You can sit in the living room, I need to talk to Alex really quickly, okay?" They nodded, and I had to "point" them towards the living room, because Amy doesn't know Carter's always here. I brought Alex to the kitchen.

"Why didn't you tell me she was a student of mine!" Alex shrugged.

"I didn't really think about that part... I didn't even know Carter would be the friend I'm supposed to be meeting." I groaned.

"This is going to be terrible."

"It can just be like a double date!" My eyes widened and I shook my head.

"No! Amy doesn't know about Carter and I. I have a boyfriend, and Carter has a girlfriend in Amy's mind. Got it?" She groaned now.

"I don't want to lie to her though! I haven't even asked her out yet."

"It's not a lie! We're just not telling her!" She rolled her eyes and nodded. Then we went into the living room. Carter stood up.

"I'm sorry N- Ms. Stewart, we had no idea that Amy's friend was your friend. But if you don't mind, we'd like to continue this... if I'm not mistaken I've met you before right?" She asked Alex fiercely. I can see Carter's very protective of Amy. I wonder if she'd get like that over me.

"Really? When?" Amy said surprised.

"Remember that time a while back, I went to get pizza. I told you I ran into Ms. Stewart and her friend and brother." We nodded.

"Yeah! I remember that.." It got quiet and I cleared my throat.

"So! Are you guys ready to eat? Alex ordered pizza, it's in the kitchen! Come on!" I lead them to the kitchen, and I heard Carter grunting.

"Okay, we've got cheese and pepperoni." I only eat cheese pizza, and I know for a fact that Carter does too. Alex and Amy went for pepperoni.

"Oh man, I'm going to have to do so much to work this off." Carter groaned then shrugged. "Oh well, I might as well enjoy it while I can. You can go ahead and grab yours first Ms. Stewart." She said to me and smiled. I grabbed two slices, and put it at the table. I went to get sodas and a water for Carter. I brought them to the table and sat down.

Then Alex sat down across from me. Right then, I knew it would be very awkward. Carter sat down beside me, and Amy sat across from her. Carter had like five pieces of pizza on her plate and I laughed.

"You guys can have soda, but I got Carter a water." I happen to know she prefers water or juice over soda, and she drank all of the juice that we had here.

"Do you have any juice?" I tried to hide my laugh and shook my head.

"No, my boyfriend drank all of the juices." She rolled her eyes.

"What a nice man he is." Alex and I laughed, but Amy looked around puzzled.

"So, where did you two meet?" Carter asked, mostly Alex.