Chapter 30

Carter POV

We were in the middle of making out and pulling off clothes when my phone rang. I wanted to keep going, but Noel stopped.

"Answer it." She said trying to catch her breath.

"I can always call back." I said taking off her shirt. She didn't say anything else, so I kept going. I was just about to take off her pants when the phone rang again. She stopped me and I groaned.

"It's two times. Answer it! It might be important." I sighed and nodded. I got up and got my phone. It was Mom; I answered it.

"Hey Mom."

"Carter honey, how are you guys?" I laughed and sat on the bed.

"We're fine Mom. What about you?"

"I'm good. What are you doing?" I laughed again and looked at Noel.

"I was just talking with Noel." She blushed.

"Tell Ms. Coleman I said hello."

"Noel said hello."

"Tell my daughter in law I said hello. I miss you guys."

"She said hello and she misses us. We miss you too Mom. We've been having a lot of fun though. Has Luke been keeping you company?"

"Oh yeah. He talks way too much. Look, Carter I know you know that I didn't just call you for that." I nodded. I suspected so. It's 9 o'clock, it couldn't be just that.

"Yeah. What is it Mom?" She took a deep breath.

"Carter, your father is getting out of prison in a month." My mouth dropped.

"Wait what? Did I hear that correctly?" Noel got up worried and looked at me.

"He's getting out. Good behavior." I was furious.

"I knew this was going to happen sometime. But they can't really do that can they? I mean isn't it a bit too early?" Noel rubbed my back and I sighed, calming down.

"They're doing it honey.. I don't like it either. I'm not worried though. You and Luke, you guys are prepared. That's why you took your classes. You'll keep me safe."

"Of course I will Mom. Always. The thing is, I need to know what he looks like if I see him somewhere." She was quiet for a while.

"Okay. I can get some pictures... I need to talk to you when you get back. It needs to be in person." I sighed.

"Okay Mom."

"Goodnight Carter. I love you."

"I love you too Mom. Sleep well." I hung up and sighed.

"He's getting out.They're letting him out. They shouldn't be able to do that. Good behavior. Fuck good behavior, he's a bad man. He doesn't fucking deserve to get out. I swear if he comes close to any of us-"

"Carter, don't you do anything unless he seems threatening." She said trying not to make me angrier, but trying to get the point across.

"I don't want to meet him. He's not my father. I've forgiven him, yeah. But that doesn't mean I want anything to go with him. My father's name is Robert, and he's not in jail."

"He's not going to hurt any of us. You're going to protect us by calling the cops if he tries anything. I don't want you hurt. If something happened to you, I don't know what I'd do. I need you. You have to give me that family you promised." I smiled and nodded.

"Okay. I won't leave you." I smirked and pushed her back into the bed. "Now, where were we?" I attacked her lips.

This is great. Life is great. My girlfriend is hot. Why am I so angry that he's getting out? He's not going to do anything to us. I wouldn't let him.