Chapter 13

Carter POV

I left out of Noel's class and walked to my locker. Kale and Amy were at the lockers looking pissed.

"Your fans don't know what get the fuck away means." Amy said.

"I'm sorry guys, thanks for the help though." Amy squinted her eyes at me and ran a finger across my bottom lip.

"Since when did you start wearing lip gloss?" My eyes widened.

"That's Chapstick?" I said quickly. I licked my lips and smiled. She rolled her eyes.

"Kale, Carter just kissed a girl." Kale's confused face turned into shock.

"What?" I said fake confused.

"Don't you dare lie Carter." Amy said.

"I was going to tell you guys anyway.. Kale, you remember the girl who I was telling you about?" He nodded his head.

"Well you didn't tell me, so spill it." Amy said angrily.

"Calm down. I'm talking to this girl named Grace. We're not out in the open yet because she's older than me by four years. She's in college. Just now, I went to the back of the school, outside, and she was waiting for me. Anyway, I had my first kiss last night, with her." Kale hit me on my back.

"Congrats dude." Amy just smiled and hugged me.

"So this is why you were mad yesterday?" I nodded.

"Saturday we got into this big argument and I left angrily, forgetting my glasses. Anyway, I went to Kale's house and then Sunday, I went back to hers and got my glasses. Turns out she slept with her ex-girlfriend/best friend. They'd gotten drunk, and she said that it was because I'd left and hurt her feelings Saturday. Honestly, we'd both said some bad things.But anyway, her friend was mad because I hurt Grace and she tried to fight me. She tackled me into a glass table, I pinned her down and had her on the ground. Then Grace fussed at us, and I fell because I was dizzy as ended up having a concussion. Grace's brother is a doctor and he helped me. Things happened that I do not have to share, then I went home. Yesterday, she came over and we made up. Then we had our first kiss, and decided to wait for a while before me make it official. She has a good job and if it's found out that she's in a relationship with an 18 year old, she'd be in trouble."

"There's so much for me to say. First of all, why'd she sleep with her so fast? Is she a whore?" I shook my head furiously.

"No she's not a whore and she's nothing close to one. Don't talk about her like that, you don't know her." I said annoyed.

"Second, why can't we meet her? I mean, we're your best friends. Third, you need to beat her best friend's ass. And fourth, couldn't you have done way better?" I looked at her aggravated.

"You can't meet her because I said so, I'm not mad about that because I knew you'd ask. I'm not beating her best friends ass, it's disrespectful and I don't hate the girl. She had some good reasons for what she did, but yes you're right, that was a little too far. But no, I can not do any better. I'm not leaving her, she said she'll wait until I'm older because I'm the one who suggested it. You don't know her, don't hate her already. You guys always try to push me to be with someone, and I've found someone who I really like. Don't be difficult. I see the two of us having a future after these complications." Amy sighed and smiled. Kale shrugged.

"I was happy for you the whole time. Amy's complicated. I know you're strong enough and smart enough to make your own decisions. Good job bro. And good luck with your girl." I smiled and thanked him.

"I'm proud of you too. I just wanted to make sure you were sure." I rolled my eyes. I'm sure.

"So, Amy since I'm pretty much taken, you can't do that weird shit to me anymore I'm serious." I told them Grace isn't here, but obviously she's here. If she sees Amy all over me, she'll flip.