Chapter 5

This chapter's dedicated to Sappho1965 , a great supporter of this story, and also gave me an idea for the story. Thank you!

Carter POV

Ms. Stewart...I almost told her about how I get lost in her eyes, and how beautiful I think she is. How even though I'm her student, I feel something for her that I shouldn't. I'm usually really good around girls. Confident, and I can talk to them. Maybe because I've never liked them, or they weren't as beautiful as her. I don't know why I'm like that around her...Well I know, but ugh, it's hard to explain.

Mark knows...He knows how I feel. This is how it went in the class I have with him, my last class of the day. In that class I'm his only student. We do nothing but talk honestly.

"So, Carter...how was detention with Noel yesterday?" I shrugged.

"It was okay. She's really cool to be a teacher. She listens to me, and she told me she likes hearing me talk. You know, usually people hate it." He smiled at me.

"Carter, you know, Noel is lesbian." I looked at him weirdly and nodded.

"Yeah, I kinda gathered that information... Why are you telling me this?" He smirked and shrugged.

"Carter, you need to remember that I'm also a brother, not just a teacher. I'm gonna tell you what I think. I think you fancy Noel." I coughed and turned away.

"I-I mean she's a really good teacher." He scoffed. I tell him everything. I don't tell anyone else but him everything. He's like my therapist.

"So that's it? You wouldn't say she's sexy? I mean a lot of guys around here talk about how they'd bang her and how hot she is. You know-" He was trying to make me mad about how they talk about her. It would work, but I know him too well.

"I know what you're doing Mark, and it's not gonna work. You did this to me with Amy, and I told you, Ms. Stewart is a teacher and I feel nothing for her." He shrugged.

"Well, what if I told you she had a certain type that fit exactly you?" My eyes widened, then I tried to look uninterested.

"What do you mean?" He smirked.

"Admit your feelings and I'll tell you everything I know. Remember, I'm like your brother, might as well say I am. I won't say anything to anyone. Carter, come on. You tell me everything, and this you decide not to?" I thought about it and sighed.

"Okay... I do think she's beautiful. She makes me nervous, and I don't usually get that way around girls. Her eyes are amazing and I always get lost in them. And her body is perfect, it's just my type. She's just my type so far.. I even brought her lunch today. We've talked about so much for it to only have been two days. She's easy to talk to, and she doesn't judge me or interrupt me, she listens, and it's great. Because I can tell that she really listens. She's obviously smart, I mean that's just great. She's just...her... What's her type?" He laughed.

"Tall, fit and sporty, smart, likes to cuddle and spend time with her, not too romantic. Meaning not too many extravagant dates and stuff like that. Just basically you, Carter. Her type is you...this means something." I looked up at him.

"Yeah?"

"If you get to the point to where you think this is your second chance, take it. Forget about being distracted. Plus you get out of school early, it wouldn't exactly be illegal. Just when you're sure you like her, for now like you said it's only been two days. Like you said the other day, you've never seen or met anyone like her. That's significant." I sighed, I was starting to get mad.

"It's only been two days, stop thinking it's gonna turn into something. First of all, it's my teacher. She doesn't like me. You're putting this stuff in my head and I'm gonna get my hopes up, watch! Stop. Just stop, before I end up hurt. I'm not promising anything. You said you're my brother, and you are. So act like it and let me make my own decisions, and be safe like Mom says." He shook his head sadly at me.