Chapter 4

Noel POV

Second day of school. I got no sleep last night. I was up feeling guilty. I'm gonna try to avoid Carter for a little while.. Except for the class I have her in.. Somehow, I don't think it'll work.

I walk into the school and go inside my classroom. Mark came over.

"Hey, Noel. Didn't you say you just moved here?" I nodded. "Do you know many people here? Meaning, do you want my recommendation for clubs or places to meet people? Friends or people more that friends." I looked at him and laughed.

"I don't know.." He laughed.

"Here, take my number, and whenever you decide, I'm a text away. Besides, we could be besties now. Don't think I'm busy because that guy yesterday was pure hell. Actually, tomorrow night, if you agree, we can go somewhere." Hmm, this'll help me... I just don't know. I do need to meet more people.

"I'll let you know by at least tomorrow morning." It's Thursday today. Don't ask why they started school on a Wednesday. It's stupid.

"Okay, it'll be fun. You need to get out anyway." He said.

"Same thing my brother said."

"See that's because it's true. Does he live around here with you?" I shook my head.

"No, in New York. "

"So, any old girls or anything back home?" I shrugged.

"Most of my girlfriends broke up with me because my mom hated them, and every time they came over, she'd be rude. Argue or fight with them. Literally, there was an actual fight once. Last girlfriend was my best friend, but we decided best friends was enough." He shook his head.

"That's a shame a grown woman would do that. I couldn't deal with it. You're great. So does your Dad support you?" He asked openly.

"You have no limits do you?" He shrugged and laughed.

"Not really, go on." I laughed.

"Yeah he does. Always has. Why so many questions?" He smirked.

"Oh... no reason. So you're 22 right?" I nodded confused. He got up and started walking out mumbling. I heard a little bit.

"Hmmm.. four... not too bad... maybe..." That's all I could catch. I'm so confused.

"Ms. Stewart, need some help?" My back was turned away from the door and I closed my eyes and cursed. I know that voice. I turned around and looked at her, she was looking around the classroom. She'd forgotten her glasses today. Her eyes...

"Hey Carter, uhh, I don't really think I need anything." I said swallowing my nerves. She shrugged and I sat in my desk taking a deep breath.

"Well, I just like to get to class early. I forgot my glasses today, good thing I'm not too blind. So, how was your first day yesterday?" She asked and sat in the desk by mine. I could see her eyes perfectly now, as she looked down at me. Her eyes are beautiful, and an interesting sight. They're green, freaking green with a hazel tone too. Wow, I've never seen eyes like that. I could get lost in them. I think I did because I heard her clear her throat. I shook my head and gave her an apologetic look.

"Sorry I didn't get much sleep last night. My day yesterday was great, I like my classes. The students, the school, and my co-workers are all great. I'm happy I chose this school." She smiled and nodded.

"That's good. I don't understand how you teachers do it. I have so much respect for you, dealing with us teenagers. Our generation is shameful. Disrespect to authority, smoking and doing drugs, coming to school with hangovers, going to jail. It could ruin them...Well I guess if their parents let them it's different. I'm glad my mom doesn't let me though, because from what I heard about alcohol and drugs, that they take away pain and help you forget...I'd end up always doing that stuff if that's the case. Good thing I have a great mom and a great sense of understanding and forgiving...Sorry...I've gone too far." She said getting up and walking around the classroom looking at posters I put up. For some reason I want to know about her life, what she's been through. Things no one else knows about her. Not to be nosy of course. I just want to know her... But I can't.