Chapter 24

Carter POV

I left school today, and went to the truck. I drove to the house to pick up Luke, and Kale followed me. Today we're actually going to go to the jail. Kale parked his car and got into the truck, and Luke came outside.

"I'm driving, Mom wants to see you before you leave." I nodded and got out of the truck. I went inside of the house. Mom was in the living room.

"You wanted to see me Mom?" I asked her.

"You and Noel got into an argument yesterday?" Luke tells Mom everything, I swear.

"Yes we did. Everything's okay now, it was just a misunderstanding." She smiled.

"That's good. You two deserve each other. I'm glad it's her you've chosen. You better not let another girl kiss you. I do not want to see you two broken up. You take care of that girl." I smiled and hugged her.

"I won't Mom. I'll always take care of her. Thank you for supporting us."

"I'll always support you Hun. Now, when you go see Jessica, tell her I said hello. Tell her I hope she's doing well. You really should forgive her, it'll be best for you."

"Yes ma'am. I'm gonna get going now. I love you, and I might be home later. No promises, but I'll call you if not." She laughed.

"I'll be surprised if you do come home." I laughed and hugged her and kissed her cheek. I left out of the house and got into the truck.

"Luke, why do you tell Mom everything?" He shrugged.

"Well, she should know about the things her daughter does. Carter, it's nothing bad."

"But you can not tell Mom every time I fuck up or do something stupid. She probably thinks Noel and I won't even last long because I'll keep messing it up. And you know how happy she was when we got together."

"Carter, Mom's always worried about you. You never tell her anything, so I do. I mean, you're rarely home now. You're always with Noel." I shrugged.

"He's right, you barely hang out with us anymore. You never answer my texts, and if an answer does come back, it's from Noel telling me that you're in the shower."

"Look, you guys have been pushing me to get a girlfriend, and when I finally do, you don't like it. I just like to spend time with her. You know that if I could I'd hang out with you guys and her, but you know we can't be seen together in public." I sighed. "As soon as I'm out of school we'll be fine."

"One more thing, how come I'm not invited to New York?" I laughed.

"Well, you're not dating anyone who once lived in New York."

"If Noel has a sister or cousin, and she has similar looks to her, or just hot, call me and I'll get Dad to fly me there." I laughed and shook my head.

"I can't invite you, I was invited. And so was Amy, and Mark. Just to let you know, Noel doesn't have a sister. Hey! We should go on a trip over the summer or on Spring Break. All of us, by then Noel and I can be out, and we can all go."

"That's actually a good idea." Luke said. Then he locked the door. "This is where you decided to jump out of the car yesterday, so I'm going to lock the doors." I looked at him weirdly.

"Dude, she could still get out." Kale and I burst out laughing and Luke shrugged.

"I might not have completely thought that through." I nodded.

"Hey, either one of you find a girl yet? Kale, what happened to Haley's sister? Taylor?" I still talk to Haley sometimes, but it's not much. She actually broke up with her girlfriend after she threatened to hit her.