Chapter 11

Carter POV

I was super duper happy Luke was back. He didn't hate me. Speaking of that, I was so embarrassed by that outburst. Stupid medicine. I screamed at Noel, I mean, yeah everything I said was pretty much true in my mind. I was thinking those things, but I'd never say it. I really don't think she cares about me. I think she just needed a new friend or something in a new place, and I was there...

I hated the fact that she was with Alex right before. Though I really did enjoy the boob show. Anyway, the point is, the whole time, her and Alex still liked each other. Then why the hell did she ask me to stay? She didn't want to be in the house alone, and I was the only one there. Well maybe I shouldn't have took her from that girl that night, and she wouldn't have been alone. Then she got mad at me for leading her on, but she liked Alex.

Even though all of these feelings are coursing through my head, there's still one that's broad and plain. I still like and care about her even though I know it isn't the same for her. Yeah, I asked Luke to bring the Lunchable after he caught me sneaking out. I told him to tell her about the note, I hope she read it. Though she probably threw it away.

The door of the house slammed, pulling me out of my thoughts. Then I saw Luke in my doorway and smiled.

"I'm sorry, but your girl is hot. That's a good one little girl, and she cares about you." I shook my head.

"She's not my girl, she may be a good one, but not for me, and she doesn't care." He rolled his eyes.

"Why would I tell you that just to say it? The way she smiled when she saw the Lunchable. Let me guess, you always bring those?" I rolled my eyes and he laughed. "Aww C, that's so sweet." I flipped him off and he laughed again and pushed me over, then laid on the bed with me.

"Really C, she cares. I even asked her a few questions to inspect her. She's genuine and she made a mistake just like you have before, like I have, and like all people do. She can't be perfect C, no one can. You know it, you're using it as an excuse to say you two can't be together." I shrugged.

"It's both. I'm hurt, I haven't heard an apology, I'm stubborn, and we can't be together. Please, just let me do what I need to."

"C, take your time and live your life.. I was going to wait and tell you this, but I've finished school. I planned on coming back for a while now, but this sped it up. I got a job here, it'll pay me six figures. I fought for it, hard, the best grades in my classes, and I did it. Stop limiting yourself because of that, you'll waste the best part of your life... And if it comes to it, I could be you guys' lawyer in court." I laughed at the last part.

"I still don't know man... what if I do try to look for someone. Just preferably not a teacher?" He laughed.

"If you can. You two are a better looking couple than you and Amy." I rolled my eyes.

"I told her about that. She liked me too."

"But you decided best friends was enough?" I nodded.

"It is, I don't like her anymore. You got back kinda late, where'd you go?"

"By Mom's house. She'd flip if she knew you had a concussion."

"That's why she won't know. I was at Noel's house and her girlfriend tried to fight me." He shook his head.

"She's crazy." I shrugged.

"She feels threatened that Noel and I have something. She knows I hurt Noel. I mean, she shouldn't be intimidated by that anymore, she's the one who slept with her, she's the one who's with her. That should've gave her more satisfaction than fighting me would. That's enough hurt right there. I did tell her to move on, but not that quick. It proves my point that to her, I was just shit." He shook his head.