interlude

"Renjun? Are you free today?" Mingze was walking alone outside in the city of Seoul. "No, I have practice today. Why are you calling?" Renjun asked.

"I'm taking a week break from that horrendous Boys Planet show, and I was wondering if we could go out for a coffee. You're busy though, so I'll just let you be." Mingze pouted. He played with the edges of his cap as he was walking to a cafe.

"Aw... That's too bad. I would definitely go if I wasn't busy. I haven't seen your face in years!" Renjun whined.

"It's okay. You continue practicing your dance. I'll call you back later." Mingze told his friend. "Alright see you!" Renjun yelled before ending the call. Mingze put his phone in his pocket and entered the cafe he had just arrived at.

The cafe was cozy and quiet. The cloudy weather fit the cafe atmosphere well.

He looked around the cafe and only saw a few people. There were two people sitting alone and a group of five boys sitting together.

Mingze immediately walked to the cash register. There was a woman standing by the counter.

"Uh- hello." Mingze took off his face mask. The cashier's eyes widened at the person in front of her. This meant that she might've known him.

"Um, yes? Would you like anything?" She asked nervously.

"A latte and a donut please." He replied politely. "Name?" She asked. "I'm pretty sure everyone knows your name already." She whispered. "Mingze." He replied. "Okay, your order will be ready soon. Thank you!" She smiled.

The cashier slightly raised both of her fists and mouthed, "fighting."

Mingze smiled and gave a small nod before walking to an empty table. He took out his phone from his jacket pocket. He wasn't allowed to go on social media since he wasn't immediately gone from the show yet, so he only played games on his phone until his name was called up.

"A latte and donut for Mingze?" The same cashier yelled. Mingze immediately stood up from his seat and rushed to get his order. "Thank you." He bowed. The cashier nodded as he went back to his chair.

Mingze took out the donut from the small bag and took a bite of it. As he was eating the donut, he felt gazes poking through his head.

He decided to ignore it until he felt very uncomfortable.

Mingze turned around and saw familiar faces staring at him.

"I knew my eyes weren't deceiving me! Get over here." Zhanghao who just happened to be at the cafe stood up and dragged Mingze's seat next to his seat.

Along with Zhanghao, S.Hanbin, Yujin, Jiwoong, and Jongwoo were all sitting with each other at the cafe. Mingze quickly bowed to Jiwoong and Jongwoo and waved at Yujin as a greeting.

As everyone was having a conversation with each other, Mingze quietly ate his donut and took a few sips of his latte at once. He was staring into space as he was doing all of this. Zhanghao noticed this and decided to make a comment that will probably ruin Mingze's life forever.

"Mingze... Remember when you continuously commented on how hot Jongwoo and Jiwoong were during the 'Back Door' performance?" Mingze immediately switched back to reality, and he realized what Zhanghao said.

"Well- listen- I mean, it's understandable right? All of you here are attractive except for Zhanghao, he doesn't exist to me anymore." Mingze placed his palms on Zhanghao's face.

"Am I hot?" Hanbin asked. "Of course, you are, my precious child." Mingze smiled. "He's a year younger..." Zhanghao mumbled.

"Do I look like I care? Hell no." Mingze gently slapped Zhanghao's face. "Mingze hyung!" Yujin called Mingze's name. "Hm?" Mingze replied. "You did great on your performance." The younger gave a thumbs up to the older boy. "And you didn't compliment me?" Zhanghao gasped.

"No." Yujin sent a mischievous smile. "At least I'm not the one getting bullied," Jiwoong mumbled. "What was up with your abs during that performance?" Jongwoo asked Jiwoong. "Right?! Even I was embarrassed." Hanbin joked.

"Was it that bad?" Jiwoong pouted. "Yes." Everyone chorused. "You guys are mean." He crossed his arms, doing aegyo. Mingze turned away from Jiwoong in embarrassment.

Everyone else began to look at their phones, pretending Jiwoong didn't exist.

"You guys are mean!" Jiwoong yelled.

-

"What if I told you guys I was a trainee at SM." Mingze walked with Jiwoong, Jongwoo, Yujin, Zhanghao, and S.Hanbin back to the Boys Planet dorms.

"We wouldn't believe you because you lie way too much," Hanbin replied.

"Oh come on! I don't lie that much!" Mingze scoffed.

"You convinced everyone I was in love with Beyoncé... WHO IS THAT?!" Jongwoo cried out. "You don't know Beyoncé?!" Zhanghao gasped.

"Am I supposed to?"

"Hell to the fuck YEAH!"

"Guys, I suddenly feel like shitting my pants," Mingze commented. "We're approximately 5 meters away from the dorms, hold in that shit of yours until we get to the dorms, then you can explode that toilet." Jiwoong assured Mingze.

"Just say 'about'! Not 'approximately'! What kind of scientific stuff is this?!" Yujin whined.

"Something that you didn't learn because your dumbass dropped out of-" "Okay Mingze, let's not go that far." Jongwoo covered Mingze's mouth.

As soon as the group of 6 got to the dorms, Mingze rushed inside to the nearest bathroom.

"Where's he going?" Gyuvin found Mingze running to the toilets after the group had arrived. "He needed to take a dump. Probably because of the donut he ate." S.Hanbin explained.

"IT WAS THE DONUT- IS THAT A SPIDER?!" Mingze screamed.

The lobby of the dorm suddenly became silent.

"Nose goes!"

-

boys planet is ending way too soon dsajflksdf 

im still mentally on the first episode