episode 3: part 2

"Group K represents K-Pop, Korea's pride. Group G is a new force in K-Pop. The two groups will be showing their talents and charms and have a battle together."

Mingze was not prepared for this, but he would be.

Hopefully.

"I will now explain the rules. Group K and Group G will form seven teams each. Among the seven songs, whichever team chooses the same song will battle against each other. The Star Creators will determine the winning team. After the battle between Group K and Group G, we will host the first elimination of Boys Planet." Minhyun explained.

Mingze groaned. "Ah, and I was just beginning to enjoy my surroundings here." He whispered to himself.

"However, there's good news. The team that wins by getting more votes from the Star Creators will receive a benefit. 100,000 points will be rewarded." Everyone was shocked.

"Fuck, I really need to win." Mingze thought.

"After combining each team's scores, the group that got a higher score will get an extra benefit of 10,000 points. That is not all though. The Star Creators will choose a team who they want to see again. That team will be given an opportunity to go on MCountdown. You will also be given the opportunity to reveal exclusive PR content through MNet's platform." He continued.

"Now, I will reveal the seven mission songs."

The songs were VERY NICE (Seventeen), LOVE ME RIGHT (EXO), Danger (BTS), Hot Sauce (NCT DREAM), Burn it up (Wanna One), Back Door (Stray Kids), and Kill This Love (BLACKPINK).

"Why don't I fit with any of these songs?" Mingze laughed to himself in disappointment.

-

"Very nice? Too many high notes. Love me right? I only listened to one EXO song, and it is not that. Danger? Same reason as EXO, but I've listened to more BTS songs. Hot Sauce? Renjun will bully me if I mess up for sure. Burn it up? I'm not disappointing THE Hwang Minhyun. Kill this love? People will FIGHT for that song." Mingze groaned at an interview.

"At least put me in a team with cooperative people." His voice muffled as he covered his face with his hands.

-

"Group K currently has 47 trainees and Group G has 49 trainees. The groups have different headcounts, so five people from Group K and seven people from Group G will be competing against each other. The team will be 'Kill This Love' by BLACKPINK." Minhyun explained.

"There is a reason why you guys are standing in the order of the signal song's fan assessment video ranking. The trainees with high rankings will be picking the team members first." He said.

"Wait hold on!" Now Mingze was panicking. What if no one chose him? What if he was put in a team with people who didn't have as much talent as everyone else did?

"Pick me! Don't forget me! Remember how we ate together?" Haruto yelled.

"Let's pick the team members now." Minhyun began.

"The rank one trainees in each group get to pick their team members first. After they complete the teams, the trainees with the next highest rank in each group get to go next to form their teams." He began to explain.

Hoetaek was the first person to choose his team. He chose S.Hanbin as the first person.

"Endgame..." Mingze whispered.

He then chose Yedam, Jeonghyeon, Seongmin, Seobin, and Gyubin.

Hoetaek's team then went on the empty stage.