50

Jisung

I glance at my hyung as we walk down the sidewalk. He's ignoring it. I don't know what to say. He said not to ask about it. It's the third time he's been through this. Did he face his fear? Did he wait it out like the other times? Is he really okay?

"Stop looking at me."

My eyes dart to my feet. "Sorry. Are you okay?"

"Are any of us okay?"

I shrug. I feel okay. Not one-hundred percent, but it's enough that this isn't affecting me as much. The others seem okay, but are they? Minho is the only one brave enough to show how he feels. Maybe I just don't pay attention. Maybe the others really are succumbing to this beast of fright.

"Hey," he stops us, lifting my chin. "We're all going to be okay. Chan is right. As long as we have each other, nothing can stop us."

"Okay," I whisper, grasping his hand, holding onto it tightly. "I trust you."

____

Chan

As Seungmin burrows into my side, my phone begins to ring. Our boss's name pops up on the screen, forcing me to stand and leave the room. The boys look at me with question, but say nothing.

"Hello, sir."

"Bang Chan, who the hell told you that you all could go on a break? This is an industry! Do you realize what you've done? Months of work only to be pushed off until later. You've given no sign when you'll come back, you didn't give a warning, and you disobeyed your staff. You all are in huge trouble."

"Sir, if I could explain-"

"No, Mr.Bang. I do not need to hear excuses. I need you eight to get your lazy, fat asses back to work or else you all will be severely punished. I will cut your contract and Stray Kids will be no more."

"Don't talk about them like-"

"You are by far the worst leader I have ever hired. I don't know what I was thinking. They were all better without you. You've done nothing but hold them back. You shouldn't have even been casted."

"Hey, we are the ones who have been bringing this entire company money-"

"I don't want to hear it! One more word out of you and Minho will be the new leader while I kick your ass to the street."

The phone clicks. I'm left there standing in utter shock. Is this actually happening? Did he really just threaten to fire me?

"Channie?" Hyunjin comes in, his eyebrows pinched together. "What's wrong? We heard you yell."

If they're not attacking me, this isn't the monster's doing. Or is it? Is this serious? I can't tell what's real or not. My perception has been altered to the point where I have no idea who's on my side.

"Nothing is wrong. Go back to the others."

Hide. Hide away from them like you always do. Don't let them know you're weak.

"No, tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing. Get out."

"Chan-"