41

Jeongin

Minho cuddles into my side, his eyes sparkling with unshed tears. Facing fears is difficult for all of us, especially now that we knew what to expect. It's going to be the same, but represented differently this time.

How could you represent the death of loved ones in a harsher way than the first time? I can't believe it.

My thumb rubs the back of Minho's hand, feeling how soft and cold it is. I want it to warm up. I can't stand the thought of him being dead again. I just can't.

"Hyung?" I whisper, feeling his body weight get heavier on my side.

"Hm?"

"Nothing."

I still have time. It's fine. I try focusing back on the drama we're watching. A cliché damsel in distress with the popular guy coming to save her. I'm starting to get sick of these types of story plots.

My phone begins to ring, and I have to shift Minho off of me for a quick second to reach it on the table.

"Hey-"

"Something is wrong with Jisung! Please come now!" Felix screams through the phone, making anxiety spike through my heart.

"I'm coming."

I jump up, accidentally pushing Minho off too hard. "Something is wrong with Jisung; we need to go over there."

We both sprint to the other house, barging inside. There, Jisung is laying limp on the floor. His eyes are wide open, but only the whites of them are showing. There's white foam around his mouth, as if he was choking.

"H-he just started convulsing a-and I don't know where Chan is. I don't think he's breathing."

I fall to my knees, pressing my fingers against his neck. No. No. This isn't happening again. I squeeze my eyes shut, removing my trembling fingers from his icy skin.

"He's..."

A squeak startles me. My eyes snap open in time to watch Felix's neck break. The bones are almost protruding through his skin. His eyes roll back into his head, leaving him to crash against the floor. There's a loud shattering and thump behind me that shakes the floor. I close my eyes again.

They're okay.

I breathe in deeply, moving away from the room. I feel my way around, refusing to see their bodies again. They're okay. They're okay.

"I'm not afraid of you. No matter in life or death, my hyungs will always be with me. They will always take care of me. You are the horrid thing that should die a gruesome death. Whatever entity you are: fuck you," I growl out, standing in the middle of the hallway. "Give me my family back before I murder you myself."

My hands are balled into fists. I've never felt so powerful standing up to something I can't see. I'm not afraid of this thing anymore. I accept that death will come sooner or later, but family will be together forever.

"Innie, you okay?"

A hand in set on my shoulder. I relax into the touch, letting Felix's slight warmth soothe me. I nod.

"Can we finish the drama?"

Even though I don't like the show all that much, I just need to spend time with them.

"Sure. Why did you come over here anyway?"

I give him a tired, dull look. He seems to understand. He grasps my hand, leading me to the couch. I don't care what house we're at. I'm tired, but thankful for the continuous grip on my hand.

As the time passes, I can't help but glance over at Lix. I check if his eyes are open. I check if I can see him breathing. Seungmin, Jisung, and Minho joined us awhile ago. I pay attention to it all.

It hits around one in the morning when everyone decides to go to bed. Seungmin comes with me, noticing how frightened I am. He wraps his arms around me, making sure that my head is on his chest. I can hear his heartbeat.

"Listen to my heart, it beats for you," he whispers, giggling softly.

I smile at the joke, a bit more reassured.

It doesn't take him long to fall asleep, but I'm unable to. Jisung's body is burned into my eyes like it had been the first time. The fact that Felix went right in front of me and collapsed... The sound of breaking bones...

I unwrap Seungmin's arms, speed walking to the other rooms. We were in twos tonight, so that makes my journey easier.

I check everyone's pulse, even staying to watch them breathe. I know I'd scare them if they woke up. All they'd see would be a figure in the dark staring down at them.

I don't care. I only need to make sure they're okay. Alive and well. Snoring, but breathing. Quiet, but heart beating. They're okay.

I do that all night. Go back to Seungmin and stay for half an hour. Get up and check on everyone. No one wakes up while I'm doing this. I try my best to stay silent.

______

Sorry for the late update. I haven't really been in the right mindset•