15

Changbin holds me close to his chest, but with the lightest touch. "It's okay, you're okay. Deep breaths like that." I feel him move behind me, but I pay no mind. I want to pass out then and there.

A few seconds later, Chan and Minho run in. Minho falls to his knees beside me, looking me over for injuries he could see. Chan kneels, trying to talk to me. I can't respond.

My body hasn't calmed down one bit since those few minutes. At least I'm not suffocating anymore.

The boys lift me up, sitting me on the bed. Chan holds me as Minho dries me off and puts me into dry clothing. Why had I been wet before I starting vomiting water?

My eyes close once more. Puking can really do things to you, especially when you're on the brink of death.

"Bin, put him in one of your guys' rooms. I'll... clean up here. After he rests, we can have him eat." Minho sends us off. I felt a slight twinge of guilt for having him clean up my mess, but it's not like I could do it at the moment.

As we're heading to the other bedroom, Hyunjin opens his door just before we pass. His eyes land on me, widening ever so slightly. No questions are asked. He knows.

-

I'm shaky hours later after I wake up. How could I not be? The worst of the worst was over, but it's the feelings that stick.

When I slowly sit up, blurs are the first thing I see. They clear up within a few seconds. I retract the blanket, swinging my legs over the edge. I'm sure if the others were here, they'd force me to lay back down.

I couldn't stand it, being forced to lay in bed. I want to be with my members. I don't want to be alone, though that wasn't truly the issue.

As I lean on the wall in the hallway, my energy kicks in. It's enough to get me to the dining area. Hyunjin and Seungmin are sitting on the couch. They jump up when they see me.

"Here, sit down." Seungmin pulls out a dining chair for me. "Are you alright?"

I bow my head. Throwing up like that really damaged my throat. My lungs still ached. My vocal cords didn't feel ripped up, it was more like they had been pulled out of my throat and forced back in.

"Are you hungry? It's a little past noon already."

Nodding, I rest my hand in my hand. It was all sore, and I was still tired. Was it my specific fear that caused me such pain? The others didn't seem to be in physical pain while going through their incidents.

A bowl of food is set in front of me. I pat Seungmin's shoulder, reaching for a fork. As soon as I pick it up, I freeze.

Something churns within. My throat begins to swell as my fingers grip the utensil tighter.

"What's wrong?"

Bracing myself on the table, I whip my head to the side before water can get on either of them. It splashed loudly against the wooden floorboards. I cry out, letting myself fall to the ground. Water pulses out, the aches from earlier now numb.

"Go get Chan!"

The puddles only grow. I'm laying limp on the floor, water pooling out. Hyunjin is lifting my head so it's not getting wet. It wouldn't matter anyway. I'm soaked.

Every time I try to breathe in, more water shoots out. Voices around me mix together, sounding like white noise. The black spots are back, vibrating around my vision. My lungs are being crushed from the inside out.

There's pain...

and then nothing.