16

Minho

I pet Jisung's hair as he sleeps. What he's experienced has been the worst that's happened. None of us experienced true pain. None of us experienced something that others could physically see. It's all been in our own heads, minus Seungmin who lost his voice.

What's going to happen to the others? If Jisung's phobia was drowning, what was theirs? Was it worse? Could it be worse?

I pull my lip between my teeth, chewing on the skin. He's been unconscious for an hour. Everyone was freaking out when it happened the first time, but the second time? It was horrifying.

Why did it happen a second time? Did it want to extract more of his fear? Did it want to prove to us how dangerous it could get? Or was his fear to be counted at a coincidence? It was his fear of pain that caused this. The others have fears that don't affect the physical body.

But why twice?

Our young friend begins to move, turning his head slowly. The others on the floor glance over, their eyes curious and worried.

"I'm here, Jisungie," I reassure, watching as his eyes struggle to open.

"It hurts," he rasps. His eyes close while his eyebrows pinch together.

I rub his chest. "I know."

His skin was pale and his lips had been purple. We threw a blanket over him, but he seemed to struggle to warm up. That's why I was holding him.

When I was cleaning off his bed and floor, I noticed bits of sand and seaweed clinging to the fabric. Nothing made sense. It wasn't supposed to. I just need to figure out how to stop this before it kills someone.