25

"Obviously, what's going on around here isn't exactly the most fun thing. I know it's been hard on all of you. I took it in my hands and asked the company to put us on hiatus. Just until we know this is over and we can stop stressing about it. I wanted to let you guys know before the company sent out a message to the fans."

"That's fine and all, but what happened today?" Seungmin questions. I look at him. They all look back at me with the same question.

"It's fine. It wasn't bad. It doesn't really matter now. A hiatus is alright for you guys, right? I don't want you all to stress over a schedule when this is going on."

"Thank you," Jeongin says. "Thank you for listening to us when we realized something bigger was at stake. I'm sure I can speak for all of us when I say we all appreciate you a lot."

"Chan, are you really okay?" Minho asks from next to me. He grasps my hand. I nod. "I need a verbal response. Most of us know how scary and traumatizing it is. Don't act like it didn't affect you. We're here for you."

"Guys, really. I'm okay. It was scary, but I'm fine now."

"If you're comfortable with it, can you tell us what happened?"

My jaw clenches. "Maybe tomorrow. I'm kind of tired. Go home at get some rest. We all could use a good night sleep."

The lies that seep through my teeth taste terrible. I don't want to tell them. I don't want them to know how much they tore me down. I don't want them to feel guilty, even if it wasn't their faults. Only Changbin knows. I want to keep it that way for now. I want to focus on him. He's the last one.

-

There's a knock on my door as I sit on my bed. I bite my lip, staring at it. Should I let them in? No. They're just going to ask if I'm okay again. I am. Whatever happened, it's over. So. It doesn't matter.

"Channie hyung?"

Fuck. Don't. I clench my eyes shut, listening to the person outside. They sigh. I hear their footsteps retreat. Thank god.

Why was I still giving in to this fear? It's not good for me. For any of us. They all seem to be okay after. Why can't I be? Why am I dwelling on this so much?

So fucking annoying.

Harmless || Stray Kids ✔️ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें