10

"Hyunjin, let's go," Chan calls from the entrance of the dorm. I peek out of my room, seeing him slip on his shoes.

"Hey, you guys can go without me. My lesson isn't for another hour, so I'm going to take a shower."

"Alright. I'll see you later then."

"Be safe."

-

Because I still had half an hour before my lesson, I decided to walk. The company wasn't too far, and it was sunny out. I wouldn't want to waste the warmth outside.

I glance down at my phone, seeing what music played in my earbuds. The device buzzes in my hand, informing me of a low battery. I thought I had charged it while I was in the shower. This stupid phone is always glitching out.

I sigh, turning off the music. I didn't want to run out of battery before I got to the building. I hate when my battery got low. It was annoying to deal with.

"Hyunjin!" Someone screams, making me spin around to face them.

In a blur, the street morphs around me. There are different street names, different people, and different stores. Where the hell am I? I just turned onto the street of the company. It disappeared. What the fuck?

I turn around, redirecting my pathway. Maybe I wasn't paying attention. That's mildly infuriating that I missed the big ass company building. Dumbass.

When I turn the corner, there are more buildings that I don't recognize. It doesn't even look like Seoul anymore. Did I seriously make a few wrong turns?

I grab my phone, turning on maps.

___________________________
12:36                                                   ▮▯▯▯
___________________________

|   🔎    |     JYP Company Building  

...Searching results

No internet connection.

__________________________

Okay, what the actual fuck.

I frown at my phone, balling my empty hand into a fist. If I was late or didn't show up to my lesson, a lot of people were going to be pissed.

"Excuse me," I say to a person. Maybe asking for directions could help, even if it's embarrassing. "Do you-"

They walk past me as if I wasn't even there. People could be such assholes. I see a young boy, probably a high school upperclassman.

"Excuse me, do you know where the JYP company building is?"

He looks at me and turns around. He didn't even look at me... he looked through me. Are people just having a bad day today? If they're going to be like that, I can find the company myself.

I turn myself around and head the direction I just came from. It was a few missteps. Wrong turns. I need to pay more attention.

No matter how far I walked, I didn't seem to be any closer. Was I still in Seoul? The signs around me said yes, but reality said no. Fucking hell.

Calling Changbin

"Hello?" He picks up. I sigh out of relief.

"Hyung, I'm lost and maps-"

"Hello?" He says again. "Hyun, you there?"

"Hey, can you hear me?" I say, walking faster. Maybe the service area was bad.

"Hy-n-j- are... hel-lo?" The phone static was loud. What the fuck is going on today?

"Hyung, please! I'm here!" I shout.

The device beeps three times. I lost him. I lost connection. This can't be happening today. Chan specifically told us not to do this, to get in trouble or be late. He's going to be so mad.

Oh, god. My heart was beating so fast.

"Okay, Hyunjin, calm down," I whisper to myself. I find a bus stop bench and sit down. I rest my elbows on my knees, letting my hands hold my head. It's okay, it's okay.