4

We make it to our theater room. There were only a few people inside, but some got up and left. I guess they were already bored of the beginning credits. Or maybe they wanted popcorn.

I sit next to Minho and Jisung. Minho seemed to be warming up a little bit. He would take a few bites of popcorn here and there. I made sure to keep an eye on him.

Soon, the screen told us to silence our phones. The lights dim until it's pitch black, excluding the large screen in front of us. The movie we were seeing was supposedly a comedy. It had Ryan Reynolds in it, so I doubt it was going to be a bad movie.

"Hey, pass the-" I look over to Jisung. He was gone, and so were the others. I look to my right. They were gone as well.

The screen in front of me flickers. White noise erupts while the screen glitches out. I cover my ears, turning around fully. Everyone was gone.

I was alone.

I would've seen if they left. They never got up. Minho's arm had been pressed into mine. My heart rate quickens as I stand. I do a double-take.

"Chan!" I shout, breathing heavily. He was just here. They were just here. How could they disappear like that? Was I dreaming? Had I fallen asleep?

Everything goes dark. I scream, clenching my eyelids shit. "Stop, stop, stop! This isn't funny! Please come out!"

Eerie chills spike up my arm hair.

With my eyes squinting open, I feel my way around the theater. The door was shut, but I shoved it open. Everything was off besides the popcorn machine and lights behind the front counter. I could barely see anything.

"Hello! Is anyone here?" I wanted to cry. Panic was rising in my chest. I run to the exit doors, pushing on them. They were locked. How could they be locked? We just came inside. It wasn't even five in the afternoon!

Laughter erupts behind me. Usually, I'd sigh out of relief, but it wasn't normal laughter. The tone was unsettling. It echoed off of the walls, following my every step.

"Please, stop!" I cry out, covering my ears again. This isn't happening. This isn't happening. Why was I in a horror movie? Why was I experiencing something impossible? I had to be dreaming. This isn't real.

Lights of the machines flicker. I run for it, pressing my entire body weight into the bathroom door. It opened. I slammed it shut behind me. There was no lock.

I hide in a stall, shoving myself to the far back corner. Please, no. This isn't real. This isn't happening. I pull my legs to my chest, listening.

The door weakly opens. The handle makes a high-pitched squeak when it's turned. Heavy footsteps bounce around. Nails scrape against the wall, my breathing gets heavier and faster than ever. The lights flicker on and off slowly.

They stop when it gets to my stall. I bite my lip, covering my mouth. Tears are falling rapidly down my cheeks. I close my eyes. I didn't want to see what was coming.