36

I wake, sitting up instantly. Jeongin's arm around me is taken away as he looks at me with concern. "I saw it. I saw the monster. Where are the others? I need to tell them."

I whip the blanket off of me, not giving Jeongin time to respond as I speed out of the room. "Guys! Guys! Hey."

My heart is racing as I get into the living room. They are stare at me as I begin to explain. "It's made up of black goo. I don't know what the hell it was doing there, but it was just staring at me. I yelled at it and it seeped back into the wall. I don't know where it went, but that's what I needed to tell you. I don't know if it's still around. I mean, it is, but I don't know if it's here in our house as a solid form."

"Fuck, Seungmin. Sit down. You look like you're about to pass out," Chan directs, leading me to a seat. "You really think it was the thing that's coming after us?"

"Yes."

"Do you think it made you pass out because it didn't want you to tell us? Maybe it made a mistake in doing so," Felix tries to make sense of this conversation.

"A monster like this doesn't make mistakes like that," Jisung shrugs, his kneels pulled up to his chest. "It wanted him to see it. Maybe to spark terror in him because we're getting ahead of it. Maybe to lead us down the wrong path so we expect something else."

We all stare at our friend, but he's not looking at us. He's gazing off at a far corner, almost as if he's witnessing something we can't see. Maybe he's just stuck in his head. He does that a lot, so none of us would be surprised.

It's just... the look in his eyes. His expression, though neutral, has an underlying form of terror written across it.

"We'll be okay," Chan determines. "Felix's plan seems to be working. We'll be okay. Just stick together as a family."

We all nod even if we're scared shitless.