7

"Hey!" I shout, only huffs of air whistling out.

Am I going deaf or something? I couldn't be. I can hear the food sizzling.

I tap his shoulder, saying his name again. He turns with a smile. "Morning, hyung! You're up a bit late, aren't you?"

"Can you hear me?"

He stares at me, dumbfounded. "Um... okay. Silent treatment, huh? I see how it is. I'm trying to make breakfast for my hyungs and you come in here teasing me. So mean," he giggles behind his hand. "Seriously, though. Don't you have a lesson in like ten minutes?"

"I-I'm not giving you the silent treatment."

He frowns. "Stop it. Moment is over, Seung. You should head over there. Get dressed."

"Innie, please!"

Why was my voice suddenly gone? What's happening? He can't possibly be pranking me. Voices don't just disappear over night!

My fingers wrap around my neck. My pulse tickles my palm. "Help me! Please, oh, god! No, this isn't happening. You've got to help me, Jeongin."

I beg, beginning to tear up. There were only sounds of my mouth opening and closing. Jeongin looks like he's beginning to panic as well.

"Hyung, if you're joking around, you need to stop. It's not funny anymore. Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not fucking okay! Where's a goddamn pen and paper!" I look around before remembering this was the 21st century and I had a phone.

I messily type in my panic.

"Did you push yourself too hard yesterday? Is that what's caused this? I've never heard someone's voice just give up," he states after reading.

No. I could speak just fine after the lessons. I don't know what's going on.

He reads quickly, peeking up at me as if somehow this could still be a prank.

I'm a singer! I can't lose my voice just like that. I can't not speak forever! This is insane. This isn't real. It's not happening. I'm dreaming. I was fine yesterday!

Yesterday...

I run to Felix's room, slamming open the door. They practically jump out of their skins. They weren't sleeping. They look like they haven't slept all night. Droopy eyes, goosebumps along their skin, slightly disheveled hair.

"I need help! I lost my voice and I don't know what the fuck is happening and the only thing I can think of is what's going on with you two!" I panic, grabbing onto the doorframe for support. Stupid! They can't hear you!

"Seung, what?" Felix asks, his eyebrows knitting together.

I try explaining, but when I don't hear anything, I lose it. I sob, falling to my knees. Worst fear comes true. I never thought this would happen. It was an underlying fear. It was supposed to be unrealistic. Impossible.

Guess I was wrong.