12

Another hour passes. I think. I don't know anymore. It's dark besides the streetlights. Emptiness settles in my chest. I'm truly lost. This is actually happening. I'm never going to be found.

As I begin to accept that fact, I hear someone shout my name. My head shoots up, darting to the area of the voice.

Channie.

I spring up, dizzying myself. I ignore the daze, and instead run toward him. His eyebrows were pinched together with worry.

"Hyunjin, where-"

I collapse in his arms, shaking and crying. He's here. He's really here. He's talking to me. There's no more silence. I exist. He found me.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, it's okay. I've got you," he reassures, petting my hair gently. "I'm going to call the others, okay? Let's go home. We've been out looking for you for awhile."

I nod, hiccuping and pulling away. I grab his hand, forcing him to use only one hand for his phone. He speaks to someone, telling them he found me and we were on our way back.

"Hyun, it's Changbin. He wants to talk to you."

I take the phone, refusing to let go of Chan's hand. I couldn't get lost again. I couldn't.

"Hello?" My voice was so raspy.

"Hey, Jinnie. Are you feeling alright?"

"Somewhat."

"You called me earlier. What happened?"

"I don't kn-know."

"I'll see you at home, okay?"

"Okay."

-

Everyone gathers around in our living room. The three who've been having already a couple rough days are there with knowing looks. I didn't even think about what they said while I was lost. Maybe they are right.

"What happened?"

Chan is by my side. He was the closest to me, so I was basically clinging onto him.

"I don't know. I was walking to the company. That's it. I looked up when I got closer and everything changed. I didn't recognize anything around me. I tried backtracking, but it made it worse. I tried using my phone, but it said there was no connection. I called Binnie, but it cut out. I... I tried talking to people around me. They stared right through me as if I wasn't there. I tried everything. I had no clue where I was, so I gave up and found a bench."

"Christ..." Jisung mutters, crossing his arms. Pity was written all over his face.

"I tried so hard, Channie. I'm sorry I missed the lesson. I'm sorry that we're going to get in trouble again," I look down at him. I hated that we might get into more trouble, but the relief was way more overwhelming than guilt.

"It's okay. I'm... I'm going to talk to the staff tonight. We need a week off, at least. I'll say we all caught a bug. That way we won't worry anyone anymore."

"Thank you," Minho says, nodding toward our leader. He looks like he hasn't slept a wink since his nightmare.

"Jinnie, are you hungry? You've... you haven't eaten all day, I'm sure." Changbin hesitates when he brings up my day.

"I am, but I'll order something."

"I already ordered for you, don't worry. Do you want to take a nap before it gets here?"

"Yeah, that'd be nice. Can someone come with me?"

Felix steps forward. I send a grateful smile. He grasps my hand, yet I hesitate to let go of Chan's. The eldest pats me before I let go. It's okay. They weren't going anywhere.