8

They both come to my side, wondering what they should do. I didn't fucking know! I'm the one giving everyone a forced silent treatment.

Even my cries were silent. Only sniffles and small clicks of my tongue could be heard in the midst of my panic. Why is this happening?

"Seungmin, look at me," Minho grabs my face. "It's going to be okay. I assume you woke up and you suddenly had no voice?"

I nod with tears and snot trailing down my face.

"That's your worst fear?"

I frown harder, but inevitably nod again.

"Christ, Felix. We've figured at least something out. Okay, Seungmin, you're going to be okay. I'm going to call Chan and have everyone meet us here. You're going through what we've gone through, just... noticeably. Whatever is happening to us is going to happen to everyone if we don't stop it. None of this is just a coincidence."

I had no clue what he was saying, but I was in on it anyway.

"When we finish explaining everything, you're going to go to bed. Once you wake up, it'll be fine. You'll be fine."

Go to bed? "Minho, this isn't a fucking movie with a perfect ending! This is real life! Waking up won't change a fucking thing!"

He stares at me. "I'm going to pretend that never happened. Get up. Lix, get the tissues. I'm going to call Chan right now."

-

Felix sits in my lap as we listen to Minho explain. He explained his story. Felix did his. Jeongin did for me, kind of. He read it out loud.

"Okay, I'm kind of not grasping the concept. Why are you telling us this? Why is Seungmin suddenly not making any kind of retort? Why-"

"Hyung, shut up and listen. He lost his voice. He's experiencing his phobia right now. Felix and I already did yesterday. Someone is bound to experience something else later. There's, I think, a pattern."

"A pattern? He just had vocal lessons! You two had nightmares. You three are blowing this way out of proportion. And Seungmin, you missed a lesson today? The manager called me! You could've at least texted him. Now I'm getting in trouble. None of you better pull this shit later. Who has lessons?"

Jisung, Hyunjin, and Jeongin raise their hands.

"Great. Us four will take the same car to the company. If you have it at a later time, either stay home or practice in a private studio. I swear to god if this keeps happening, the company is going to punish us. So please, for fucks sake, stop pulling this shit! We have enough to deal with. I'm sorry these nightmares are happening. I'm sorry you lost your voice. But a few minor details can't ruin us. Now, I'm going back to our house. If one of you has an issue, wait an hour to talk to me. Please and thank you."

Chan stands, stomping out of the front door.

Well that didn't go as expected.