39

Chan

Jisung's body goes limp, yet his chest still moves quickly. What the fuck just happened?
I look at the soft ball of seaweed in my hand. It had been choking him.

Minho lets go of his hands, and Felix and Seungmin release his legs. Changbin sits back on his knees, letting Jisung's jaw go, as well. This is probably the scariest incident that's happened. The pain he must've been in...

His throat is still bright red from scratching it, wounds of blood rising. The sand that covered his damp cheeks disappear in a split second. Was it over for him? Or was it going to happen again? If it happened again, we would probably have to take him to a hospital. The pressure on his lungs isn't healthy for him.

"Let's get him up," I say, sliding my hand underneath his neck to prop up his head. Changbin, Minho, and I get him upright, carrying him to his bedroom.

"Hey, I got some cream and bandages for those scratches," Jeongin comes in, sitting on the side of the bed. He gently applies it to the unconscious body.

"What are we going to do? They're getting worse," Minho sighs, rubbing his own arms.

"I don't know. All we can do is be there for one another. There are only three people left. It's going to restart a third time. You didn't... you didn't face your fear. If the rest of us complete it, you'll be the last one."

-

I run my fingers through Jisung's hair, calming myself more than anything. It's been an hour and he's still sleeping. I don't blame him. It must've taken a big toll on his body. I stay with him because I'm afraid.

I don't know if he faced it. I don't know if he panicked until he passed out. All I know is that he's alive. None of us are sure how okay he really is.

Jisung's body shuffles around, his arms wrapping themselves around my torso. I sigh, continuing my calming gesture.

"It's over," he rasps. God, his voice sounded horrible.

I look at him with question. "What do you mean it's over? You passed out before any of us could really help you."

"It's over for me, I promise. I hadn't believed it the first time; that's why it didn't work. It's done. I did it."

"Oh, Sung." I hug his body the best I can, wanting the pain to go away.

Small sniffles are the only thing I listen to. He's trying his best to hold it in, but he's trembling. I rub his back, kissing his head. "It's okay. I'm here. We all are."

"Thank you."

"Do you want some water?"

He nods, his voice straining enough. I text Minho, asking him to bring some water and some sweetened rice. He should eat something.

"Min's bringing it."