9

Hyunjin

I stare at the rest of our members. We hadn't experienced what they have, so of course we'd question it. Minho woke up from a nightmare. Felix... I'm not really sure. Maybe he freaked himself out. And like Chan said, Seungmin went too hard yesterday.

There's too much evidence backing the realistic point of view. Yeah, it's weird that these incidents have been collectively happening throughout the past twenty-four hours. It's weird that Seungmin can't make a sound. It's weird. I know, but if we start freaking ourselves out over nothing, nothing good will come of it.

"Hyung, who do you think will be next?"

I look over at Jisung. He seemed to believe them whole-heartedly. Maybe he understood what they were going for. I didn't, whatsoever.

"It's been me, Lix, and Seungmin. We all live together. The next person I think would have to be Jeongin. That seems to be the pattern since it's hitting this household first."

Jeongin's head whips over, his eyes wide. He looked like he believed them too. He's been witnessing most of the incidents.

"Come on, guys. You're stressing yourselves out over this. Quit bullshitting. Get ready for the day. You heard Chan."

Minho glares down at Changbin. "If you don't believe us, just wait. Wait till it starts hitting everyone else. We'll be waiting for an apology."

He storms off down the hall. I chew my lip. "Let's go back. I think we all need some space." I stand, sending a pitiful glance toward my unlucky team members.

Changbin, Jisung, and I put on our shoes and go back to our dorm. Chan's door was shut down the hallway. He seemed really upset. Usually, he was more level headed than this. Is there something bothering him? Why did he explode like that?

"Do you believe them?" Jisung whispers, pulling me back into the kitchen.

"I don't know," I scratch the back of my neck. "They didn't seem like they were lying, but we've all been stressed out lately. It might just be that getting to them. We don't know what goes on in their dorms."

He pouts, looking down at the ground. "But what if they're right? Something is coming after us and our greatest fears?"

"I don't know, Sung."

He sighs, leaning back against the counter. "I just hope they'll be alright. Maybe I should go back. Watch them for a few."

"They're adults, they can handle themselves."

"Clearly not if they're freaking out one by one. Minho was quiet the entire day after his nightmare. Felix was shaking and in tears in the van. Seungmin looked like he had been crying on the couch. When have you ever seen those three cry together? Minho doesn't cry. Seungmin doesn't cry. Felix wouldn't be scared of absolutely nothing. He's the most honest person I know."

"You have a good point, but I have lessons today. I can't help. I don't know what we're supposed to do. I don't know what they want us to do. If this is going to happen to all of us, how are we supposed to figure out what it is? Especially if we're all afraid to step outside."