36

three months later

Quinn's POV

Elias and Quinns apartment

Logan and Lexie had just pulled up to our apartment building with their stuff. A couple weeks ago they realised their lease was up so they decided to move into the two bedroom apartment a few floors below us, and today was the day that they were moving in. A couple of the boys from the team had offered to help them move in and get them settled, so Elias and I were waiting for them to show up.

I was waiting outside the girls new apartment when I heard a familiar laugh from down the hall. Lexie was carrying some boxes while laughing away at something that Logan had said to her.

"Let me help you carry those Lex" I said giving her a kiss.

"Thank you boyfriend" she smiled.

Brock showed up shortly after and helped us carry in the couch and some chairs, as well as the girls beds. Lexie was in her room hanging up pictures on her walls just like she had in her previous room. I put her boxes on the floor in her room before going and helping her hang up some photos. When putting them up I noticed all the photos that she had of her and I together.

Once we had unpacked the essentials in her room we helped the others unpack the boxes in the kitchen. Brock was helping Miller move the couch into the right spot while Kuzy and Podzy were putting the dishes away in the kitchen. Petey and Logan had gone to go get some pizza for everyone so Lex was setting the table with some random plates that she had found in a box. Luckily her speaker was one of the first things we unpacked so I was playing some music to get the vibes up.

We finished the pizza with no leftovers to spare before Kuzy and Podzy had to head out. Lexie and Logan thanked them for everything, promising they would make it up to them somehow. Brock was in the living room trying to set up the playstation to the TV so that him and Logan could play some call of duty.

Lexie and I went off to bed since we were both exhausted after the long day we had. We said goodnight to Petey, Logan and Brock before going into her room and locking the door behind us. Lexie threw off her clothes and jumped into bed, smiling back at me.

"Come cuddle huggy" she held her arms open.

I took of my clothes and crawled into bed, getting settled between her arms. She played with my hair knowing it would help me fall asleep better, something I will always admire her for. We could hear the screams from Brock coming from the living room, laughing every time he told Logan that she was cheating.

The Rink

I had just arrived to the rink for the last skate before our game against the Ducks tonight. Lexie was still sleeping when my alarm went off so I snuck out without waking her up. When I walked into the hallway I heard a familiar voice calling my name.

"HUGGY" he yelled.

I smiled a little before turning around and facing the boy. "Hey Z, who let you in here".

He laughed before turning and waving over the other two boys. "Quinn I want you to meet Jamie and Mason".

"Hey guys, I'm Quinn" I smiled.

"So I'm just going to cut to the chase, when can I meet Lexie" Trevor asked me.

"She's working tonight so probably then" I responded rolling my eyes.

"Let me take you guys out for dinner" Trevor smiled brightly.

"I'll talk to Lex and let you know okay".

I said goodbye to the guys before heading into the locker room to change into my hockey gear and go for my morning skate with the team. My body was sore from lifting boxes the day before so I took it easy, making sure to save most of my energy for the game later.

After my skate I went into the locker room and grabbed my phone so I could text Lexie.

messages
lex ☀️❤️

quinn
hi love
how are you

lex ☀️❤️
I'm good, how are u

quinn
I'm good, just finished skating
I ran into Trevor and he wants to take us out for dinner tonight

lex ☀️❤️
awe, that would be fun!
I'm down

quinn
you sure? his teammates Jamie and mason would come too

lex ☀️❤️
of course, I would love to meet them

quinn
I'll let him know
see you in a few hours ❤️

lex ☀️❤️
okay ❤️