1

LEXIE'S POV

Logan and Lexies apartment

Vancouver, Canada

"Logan have you seen my black Aritza shirt" I yelled from the room across the hall. 

Logan Miller is my bestfriend and roommate, who i met when we were paired up to be dorm mates in university. After graduation we decided to get a place together in downtown Vancouver since it was close to Logans work. Logan majored in interior design and architecture so living in downtown Vancouver was perfect for her. I was planning on working as a sports journalist, interviewing players, and being in interviews myself talking about previous games and the plays made. I have loved sports for as long as i could remember, and when the day came to pick a major in university i went with journalism with a focus on sports, especially hockey. 

"It's in my room, sorry I forgot to give it back to you" she replied, bringing the shirt to me. 

I have an interview for the Vancouver Canucks management in 30 minutes and of course i am running late. The job I applied for involved some social media management, but most important i get to interview players before, during and after games, getting the inside information behind the teams and plays they make on the ice. This was a huge opportunity for me and i want to make a great first impression.

"It's okay mills, I'm so nervous I don't know what to do" i said taking off my sleeping shirt and putting on the black one that Logan brought. 

"This is your dream job lex, you be amazing okay" she said reassuring me. "And if you are still nervous before you leave I'll give you a shot of tequila okay".

I laughed at Logans comment, knowing that she was very serious about giving me a shot if I don't get my shit together before I leave. Logan is like a sister to me, she gets me in ways others haven't. 

"Okay how do I look" I said to her, showing off my outfit. 

"Perfect, now get your ass out of the door so you aren't late for your interview" she said.

"Okay love you" I yelled running into the hallway and putting my shoes and jacket on.

"Love you too".

The Arena

I walked into the arena with my head held high, trying to hide the fact that I was nervous. Rodgers arena is beautiful, my dream place to work since I was a little girl. I had been to the arena multiple times growing up, coming to Canucks games with my dad. From the first game I knew I wanted to be able to interview the players and get inside information on plays and the game. I looked around and found an information centre with a man sitting behind a computer working. 

"Hi I have an interview at 11, my name is Alexandra Cohen".

The man looked up at me and smiled, "Welcome Alexandra, Mr Allvin will be out with you in a minute".

"Okay thank you" I said giving him a friendly smile. I sat down in a chair and waited for Mr Allvin to come out and get me. 5 minutes later I was greeted with a familiar face, one I had seen on tv multiple times.

"Miss Cohen?" He asked.

"Hi yes, please call me Alexandra or Lexie" I said reaching out to shake his hand. He returned the action and shook my hand, before turning around and leading the way to his office. There were multiple jerseys from retired players hung up on the walls of his office. 

After the interview I walked down to the nearest Tim Hortons and got myself a coffee and some timbits, and being the nice friend I am I texted Logan and asked if she wanted anything.

messages

millsey 👭🏻❤️

lexie

at timmys, u want anything?

millsey 👭🏻❤️

black coffee please

and timbits 

lexie

okay, buying it now

millsey 👭🏻❤️

thank u sugar mommy 💸

Logan and Lexies apartment

I walked back to the apartment with our coffees and timbits, excited to tell Logan the news. When I unlocked the door and walked in Logan was sitting in the couch waiting for me.

"Gimme my coffee and tell me everything" she said holding her arms out like a little baby. I handed her the coffee and told her the good news that I had gotten the job and that I start on Friday. 

"Wait Friday as in two days?" Logan asked me with an excited look on her face. 

"Yes Logan, Friday as in two days which means you and I are going to the Canucks game" I said handing her two tickets. "I will be doing a few pre-game warmup interviews to get the hang of it, mostly some social media stuff that they will post on their Instagram and twitter". 

"Thats so exciting Lex, I'm so happy for you" she said, taking a bite out of her timbit. "I get free hockey game tickets and get to see hot guys as a bonus, my best friend really is the best".

I could feel the nerves building up already, I had totally forgot about the players. I didn't have loads of experience interviewing hockey players, watching them from the stands was always the most I saw and interacted with them. I don't know why, but they seem so intimidating and I get nervous before talking to them. Once I have started the conversation I am fine, you would never have been able to tell that I was nervous from the beginning. 

"Oh and Lexie, I really hope you get to interview that really cute player" Logan said with her mouth full of food.

"You are going to have to be more specific then that" I responded, confused as to who she meant. 

"Oh cmon you know the brunette defensemen, I think his younger brother plays hockey too".

"Quinn Hughes?" I asked.

"Yeah, thats the one".