29

LEXIE'S POV

The Hotel

The Canucks won against the red wings yesterday night, making today a very happy day. We had decided with Quinns parents that we were going to meet them for lunch before going and watching Luke play a game at umich. I got into an uber and went over to meet Quinn at his hotel room. He had texted me his room number so I walked into the hotel and took the elevator up to the seventh floor. I knocked on his hotel room door, being greeted by a half naked Quinn who had just taken a shower.

"Hey Lex" he said, towel sitting just below his hips.

I walked into the room closing the door behind me. "You look good Quinny" I said giving him a kiss. Before I could take things any further Elias walked out of the bathroom beside me.

"Hi Lexie, nice win yesterday right" he said to me. I covered my eyes with my hands, giving the boy some time to get dressed.

"Mhm, happy you guys won" I said sill covering my eyes making Quinn laugh.

I waited in Quinns bed for him to get dressed and ready to go meet his parents for lunch. He put on some blue jeans and a grey crewneck with a black puffer jacket on top since it was cold in Michigan. We walked out of the room saying bye to Elias, taking the elevator down to the uber that was downstairs waiting for us.

l

INSTAGRAM STORY

DM'S

jackhughes

jackhughes reacted to your story

so mad I don't get to be there for lunch today

next time okay

I'm going to kill Quinn if he messes this up with you

me too, we can do it together

😈😈😈

The Restaurant

We arrived at the restaurant after an hour or so of driving, the nerves in my body growing more and more the closer we got. Quinn had reassured me that his parents would love me and that everything would go well, but that for some reason didn't help my nerves disappear. He grabbed my hand as we got out of the uber and walked inside to the restaurant that we had agreed to meet his parents at. When we came inside we were greeted directly by Quinns parens, who both gave me big hugs.

"Oh honey it's so good to finally meet you" the blonde said. "I'm Ellen".

I introduced myself to her before turning to Quinns dad.

"Welcome to the family Lexie" he said. "I'm Jim".

After introductions we walked to our table, picking up the menus and seeing what we wanted to order. Quinn went with the usual burger and fries, while I decided to get some grilled cheese and tomato soup. His parents were super sweet and making me feel included in the family straight away. They mentioned how they were also going to Lukes game later so we could get a ride with them to the rink.

Quinn was telling them about my job back home in Vancouver and how I'm really good at what I do, making me blush. I had never had a guy be so proud to tell his parents what I do, it was so sweet. Ellen was telling me about how nice it was when Jack decided to tell the family group chat about me, something we all knew Quinn wouldn't have done because of how private he is. I told them a little about how I grew up outside of Vancouver and have lived there my whole life, and how close I was to my dad.

We finished our food and decided to wait to get dessert until we were with Luke. Jim and Ellen hadn't told him that Quinn and I were coming to see his game so Quinn was super excited to surprise his youngest brother.

The Rink

When we arrived at the rink we got some snacks and drinks before going to find our seats. Jim and Ellen were going to go say hi to him by the locker room so Quinn and I stayed in our seats to keep it a surprise that we were there. The game started shortly after they came back and sat down beside us. Quinn told me Lukes number and pointed out some of Lukes friends as well, telling me how Luke was going to start playing for the Devils once the seasons was over.

Lukes team ended up winning 3-1. We walked down to meet him in the hallway, Quinn almost skipping because of how happy he was to see his brother after so many months. We watched as the whole team walked out of the locker room, Luke being one of the last them to come out.

"Lukey" Quinn yelled, running up to hug his brother.

"Huggy, when did you get here" he asked Quinn.

"I'm leaving tonight, but I wanted to come say hi and introduce you to my girlfriend".

Luke turned around and looked at me before coming up and giving me a hug. "I'm Luke" he said.

"I'm Lexie, it's nice to finally meet Quinns favourite brother" I said laughing.

Luke eyes went wide and he turned to Quinn.

Quinn looked at me before turning to Luke. "I never said that Luke".

We walked to go grab some ice cream down the road from the rink before Quinn and I had to head back to the hotel to meet up with the team. Our flight to Toronto was tonight and I was going to continue the road trip with the team since it had gone so well in Detroit. Hockey players are normally very superstitious because I was there when they won against the red wings, they wanted me to come with them so they win their next games too.

Quinn and I said goodbye to Ellen, Jim and Luke, thanking them for the dinner and telling them how happy I was to finally meet them. We got into our uber and waved goodbye, before Quinn gave me a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"What was that for" I asked him.

"For being so perfect" he responded, resting his head on top of mine.