20

QUINN'S POV

The Party

I grabbed Lexies hand as we walked into the house to calm her down. Her hand was trembling beneath mine, probably nervous to be around the team like this in a non professional setting. I said hi to the boys while also introducing them to both Lexie and Logan. A couple of them recognised her from the rink so conversation was flowing well. Logan was talking to Elias and Brock so Lexie and I went to go grab some drinks and say hi to Demko.

"Hey Demmer, this is Lexie" I said.

She reached out her hand to shake his while smiling. "I work for the Canucks doing some media but mostly sports networking and reporting".

Demko welcomed her and told her to feel like home before walking off to go greet some others.

Lexie shook her head and barried her face in her hands. "Why do I ramble when I'm nervous" she mumbled making me laugh.

"It's cute Lex" I told her while giving her a beer.

We walked to go join the others by the couches, but I made sure to stick close to Lexie so she felt comfortable. Logan was off mingling by herself doing just fine, she had even become quite cozy with Boeser which didn't surprise me since he flirted with everyone. Lexie and I were talking to Beuvillier and Åman, but it was mostly Lex talking and me sitting beside her for moral support.

"So are you guys just friends or whats going on here" Beu asked us.

Lexie laughed before looking over at me, waiting for me to answer first but I didn't know what to say.

"We are seeing each other I guess" she said laughing.

"Code word for fucking" Elias said coming from behind us. Lexie blushed at his comment, revealing that what Elias had said was the truth.

Beuvillier and Lexie talked lots while I went to go play beerpong with the boys for a bit. It was really nice to see her get along with my teammates in a casual setting like this, it made me think that we could possibly become something more.

After a few hours of drinking and listening to music people started to leave. Since I had been drinking I couldn't drive home but I offered to order an uber for Lex and Logan since I would be sleeping over at Demkos. Logan said she was going home with Brock so that just left Lexie and I, who ultimately decided that she would stay over at Demkos with me.

We said bye to everyone before going to the guest bedroom that he had said we could use. Lexie was borrowing some pyjamas from Demkos wife, who also leant her some makeup remover and everything else she would need. I changed out of my clothes and got into bed wearing just my underwear, while Lexie came in wearing a lacy top with matching shorts.

"I would have been just fine sleeping naked to be honest" she told me, showing off her outfit.

"I like that idea, take the pyjamas off" making her giggle.

Lexie was so naturally beautiful, with her hair put in a messy braid, and makeup off revealing her freckles and beauty marks.

"Stop staring at me Hughes" she said blushing.

I grabbed her and hugged her as she crawled into bed, burying my face into her neck. "You smell so good" I mumbled.

"I had fun tonight" she said looking up at me doe eyed.

"I'm glad, my friends really liked you" I responded.

"I liked hanging out with them" she told me.

"Get used to it, I'm not getting rid of you" I joked.

"Okay good because I kinda want to stay".

Did she just admit she might want something serious with me? She cuddled up with me onto my chest while I played with her hair until she fell asleep. I watched her while she slept, playing connect the dots with her freckles. I felt myself grow more and more tired by the second, before finally falling asleep with my hand intertwined with hers.

We woke up the next morning and grabbed some breakfast before I drove Lexie back to her apartment in downtown Vancouver.

The Car

Lexie was super tired on the way home so she didn't talk much but that was okay with me. I liked how we could sit in silence and just enjoy each others company, we didn't have to always talk or be intimate.

I reached out my hand and put it on her thigh while steering with my other one. Nervous about how she would react I gripped the steering wheel harder, until I felt her place hers onto mine. We held hands until she got out of my car, giving me a goodbye kiss before leaving.