18

QUINN'S POV

Elias and Quinns apartment

I woke up the next day from Elias making a smoothie in the kitchen. The time was around 11 so I decided to get up and go join him for some breakfast. When I came out of my room I found Boeser sitting in the couch, so I said hi to him before grabbing some cereal and sitting down beside him.

"You guys have a good night out" I asked.

"Oh yeah, hooked up with the hottest chick" Boeser answered.

"She was pretty hot dude" Elias told me.

I gave browser a high five before taking a bite of my food. The boy asked my what I did last night after the game and I just responded by shrugging my shoulders.

"He was probably with that chick he's always with" Elias said, making Brock look over and raise his eyebrows.

"What chick" he asked me.

"Just this girl I've been seeing for a while" I responded trying to keep it lowkey.

"Tell us more" Brock said.

"Maybe I'll let you guys meet her, I haven't decided yet". I knew deep down I wanted the boys to meet her, but I also knew Lexie doesn't do commitment and I didn't want to scare her off.

"Hey Petey, I think this girl has Huggy wrapped around her little finger" Brock said.

"Fuck off Boeser" I told him. He had no idea what was going on between Lex and I, so he had no right to comment on the situation.

The team had a few days before our next game so we decided to throw a party tonight at Demkos house to have some fun while we got the chance. I was thinking about inviting Lexie but I wasn't sure if she would want to come.

"You good Hughes?" Elias asked me.

"Yup".

"You thinking about that girl?".

"Yup", I responded making both Elias and Boeser laugh.

"Why don't you invite her tonight, introduce her to the team" Brock said. I thought about it for a second before finishing up my cereal and walking into my room. Once my door was closed I pulled out my phone and decided to text Lexie about tonight.

private messages

lexie

quinn
hey, party at Demkos tonight
I can pick you up and we can go together

lexie
can Logan come

quinn
yeah sure

lexie
okay im down
what time

quinn
7 ish, ill text u when I'm on my way

lexie
okay thanks
what do we wear

quinn
nothing

lexie
Hughes seriosuly

quinn
its just a chill party, maybe jeans and a nice shirt

lexie
okay
see you later

I texted Demko to let him know I was bringing some friends, guaranteeing they would be fun and contribute to having a good time. Once I actually checked my notifications I saw the 50 notifications from my group chat with rowdy and his friends.

groupchat

usntdp + quinn

rowdy
yuhhhh

cockfield
I miss huggy, where is he

z
you miss this?

turcsTREVORchill

turcs
TREVOR
chill

rowdy
I love that one

quinn
I miss you too cole

z
awe

turcs
awe

rowdy
do you miss me

quinn
no

rowdy
thanks

z
whats everyone doing tonight

cockfield
sleeping

rowdy
I have a date

turcs
party with z and Jamie

quinn
no way rowdy has a date

z
he's cheating on me

turcs
damn jack, really did my boy z like that

cockfield
the bromance is dead

Almost every time I checked the group chat, I regretted it immediately after. I knew I could never introduce them to Lexie, they would definitely scare her off and I would never forgive them. I yelled at Elias and Brock telling them that I invited the girl I was seeing plus her best friend, so they better be on their best behaviour. The anxiety started to sink into my stomach, I really hope I don't regret this decision later.