Chapter 64: Avalon

Start from the beginning

While over the years the practice had become more moderate because of Shakyamuni, the hardiness of the Sramana remained in their bloodline.

To become the best fighter of the north is testament of the toughness that endured over the generations.

Yet this great warrior has been reduced to a shell of his former self.

He found out later on that because Logres had fallen, they couldn't send out many people to look for Tommy and so for many years, only his father, mother, and a small handful of family servants continued looking for him.

They had travelled all across Gaia, sometimes even passing by Saint City.

Unfortunately, their photos of Tommy were far too different from the state he arrived at Saint City. Moreover, the orphanage he settled in was situated in Rutea Village, a place that despite being only around three days away from Saint City is too small and shabby that even their neighbours hardly hear of them.

Seeing his parents' health dwindle because of him turned his unhappiness into anger.

A kind of madness threatened to overtake him.

Just like how Relestia faced her own inner demons, every cultivator must walk the same path where their conscious question themselves.

Should they fail, they will walk down the path of madness and destruction, and if they succeed, they will reaffirm their Martial Way and touch upon new heights.

A fire burned in his eyes as he searched for a way to return his heart to calmness.

Who is at fault for their plight?

Is it his own inability to find his parents? Perhaps the bandits that separated their family? Or maybe the great distance that made it impossible for them to reunite earlier?

No, even before that, finding out who or what to blame, will it make his parents healthier or turn back time and return the ten years that was lost?

Tommy chided himself, and the fire of rage in his eyes dimmed as he looked towards finding a solution.

The ten years lost cannot be returned, but it can be replaced.

Cultivators cultivate the Ki in their bodies to harness enough power so that they can push their physical prowess beyond the limits. The reason each cultivator seeks this power varies wildly, including for fame and fortune to simple revenge.

Seeking longevity is too a reason.

In fact, it is one of the most common reason that people want to become cultivators and cultivators want to become stronger.

The helpless regret that invoked a nigh-uncontrollable anger in him started fading away.

He has a way. That means all the problems are no longer problems.

When met with something unacceptable, his reaction is to burst through it with brute force and that had always been his preferred method.

If that does not work, he has his brothers to fall back on.

Only, this time, it is his family's matters and he wanted to resolve it on his own.

This time, his inner demons were dealt with because he found a way out. It even benefited him with accepting new thoughts and ideas to handle similar problems in the future. But this does not mean everything is over.

Far from it. When the time comes where there are no solutions in a dire situation, Tommy will meet his own Trial of the Heart Demon and his Dao Heart will be questioned.