Chapter 8 Truth

"Oof, alright, let's get this Audrey chick taken care of already."Uma turned to Mal "What do you say, girl? Time to wrap things up?"

"You know, someday, you're gonna have to tell me how you guys all got teamed up." Charlotte said.

"Actually, Mal promised to let all the kids off the Isle once this is over." Uma explained.

"Mal?" Charlotte asked as she and Ben looked at each other.

Mal sighed "I have to tell you guys something." Everyone looked at her confused "Um...I lied to you. The kids won't be coming off the Isle."

"What do you mean?" Evie asked confused.

"The program is shut down." Mal explained "And the barrier will be closed for good. For Auradon's safety."

"Hold up." Uma said shocked "So we're saving your precious people, and your behinds, for a lie? I knew it was a mistake to trust you. You're always out for yourself. And you, King Benny. You're probably just gonna throw us all back inside, eh?

Celia glared at Mal "You know what? I actually thought you were brave, but you're nothing but a chicken. Too scared to tell me I was never gonna see my dad again."

"Celia." Mal said. Celia shoved past and grabbed the never and threw it into a bird fountain.

"Celia, Celia! No! Celia, no! no! Ugh! Regain your might and ignite! No. Regain your might and ignite!" Mal yelled desperately.

"Bummer." Gil said.

"Let's go find Gil and leave 'em all to rot." Uma told them as she and the pirates walked away.

"No. Uh. Uma!" Mal yelled but they didn't come back. She turned back to the group and saw all there disappointed faced " Evie. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I just... I thought that...I was afraid to tell you, I thought that I was gonna lose my best friend. But I had to do something, I had to... protect Auradon."

"Closing the barrier was your idea?" Evie asked slowly.

"I did it for us!" Mal said trying to make her understand "I did it for... our life that we have here now."

"For our life?!" Evie shouted "What about the kids that we left behind on that island?! The kids that we promised. We were their only hope. I thought you were gonna stand up for the VKs. But instead you lied to them. And you lied to Jay. And you lied to Carlos. You lied to me. We're your family."

"Evie." Mal called as they all walked away "Evie, come on! I had no choice!"

Suddenly a mist came and everyone was turned to stone except Mal "No."