Chapter 6 Beast Ben

"Ben!" Carlos yelled.

"Ben." Jay shouted.

"Dude. Come on. Nothing?" Carlos asked.

"These things just grow everywhere." Gil said to himself as he picked more fruit off of the bushes around them. Hey, we should play that ice breaker." Gil suggested "Um... Jay, I like the way that you can... bounce around and jump off things." Jay looked at him strangely "These are free, right?" he asked.

"Yeah, um..." Jay stood unsurely for a moment "I like how you get a kick out of a berry bush."

"I guess you've probably seen everything by now, huh? Furry rocks, giant fish, you're probably used to grabbing lunch off of a bush." Gil said in wonder.

"No, I mean, usually no, not really." Jay told him "I mainly just use the vending machines at practice. Tourney kinda eats up most of my time, so..."

"Tourney? That's a wee boy's game." Harry told him.

"Right." Gil agreed "You know what would be fun? To go rafting in a jungle river. Find a lost civilization. Ooh, maybe a penguin."

Jay laughed "Well, you find those more on like icebergs, but, I'd love to see one of those."

You guys are k*lling me.

Mmm.

PS, your mutt went that way.

"Carlos!" Dude yelled.

"Dude, what do you see?" Carlos asked.
"This way." Dude said leading them to what they thought would be Ben.

"Ben!" Carlos called.

"Oh, boy, something stinks and it wasn't me this time." Dude said. Suddenly a beast jumped out from behind a tree.

The beast lunged at Gil and Carlos managed to pull him out of the way in time. "No! Whoa!"

The beast crashed into a tree

"Watch out!" Jay said as the beast lunged for Harry. Harry and Jay managed to pull each other out of the reach of the beasts claws.

The beast jumped to the top of the hill and began to roar asserting its dominance.

"You need some serious nose adjustments." Jay told him.

"I'm not so sure." Carlos looked up at the beast on the hill "Ben? Did Audrey do that?"

"Ah. I thought I recognized those pants." Jay commented.

Carlos looked at him "Aw, he's got a boo-boo, that's why he's so cranky."

"You know, my dad said that his dad did not handle pain well at all." Gil said.

"You're good with animals. Do something." Jay told him.

"But-- Okay. Alright. Okay, Ben. It's me. Carlos. Alright?" Carlos began to walk closer to him "Whoa! Ben, Ben, it's Carlos. Alright? You know me. You helped me once. Remember you left me with Charlotte who helped me with Dude? Right? Let me help you."

Carlos reached out slowly for his paw "Come on, let me see your hand. There you go. Alright. Atta boy--uh, beast--king, whatever."

Carlos looked at the splinter "Oh, yeah, it's a big one. I'm gonna count, alright? One. Two." He pulled it out early surprising Beast "There it is! You did it!"

"Hey!" Charlotte yelled looking at the beast. It looked at her and she sprayed it with the enchanted water.

"Oh, my gosh." Carlos said smiling then he quickly frowned and rushed over "-I forgot to call.

"I'm so glad you're alright!" Charlotte said hugging him.

"Alright. You good?" He said quickly checking her arms for any bruises or cuts.

"Yeah." She reassured him.

"Take a seat right there." Jay said as he led Ben towards a stump "Yeah. There you go."

"Oh, that was... funky. Was. Is." Jay said pointing to Bens beard and his fangs.

He felt them "Huh? Oh, wow. Yeah, yeah."

"You need another blast." Charlotte said as she sprayed him again with the water gun.

"Uh, please--" she started to spray him again "Please. Stop." Ben told her.

Charlotte mused "Huh. It's Enchanted Lake water, but I guess it can only do so much."

"Well, well, well." Harry said walking over and eyeing Charlotte up and down "Harry Hook, and you, my little duckling, are... ravishing. Charlotte wasn't it?"

Carlos pulled Charlotte closer to him "Okay, uh, ravishing and taken. Just in case anyone was confused."

"Hold on. Whose side are they on?" Charlotte asked confused.

"They escaped and joined us. Mal has the ember, which is our only hope to stop Audrey, details to follow." Carlos said.

"Hades' ember? Has Mal gone back to the Isle?" Ben asked worriedly.

Carlos sighed "I said "Details to follow," we're meeting up Mal, Evie and Uma, let's go."

"Uma?!" Ben yelled.

Charlotte just grabbed Bens arm "Carlos said details to follow."