Chapter 2 Bug You

"Hi, Jay." One girl said flirtatiously.

Jay smirked and replied "Hey."

"Jay." Another girl said smiling sweetly.

"Hey, what's up?" Jay smiled.

"Hi." The third girl said with a giggle.

Carlos asked Jay "Why do you torture them? Just pick someone to take to Cotillion already."

"I'm going solo." Jay explained "That way, I can dance with all of them."

Carlos nodded "Ah! You're the expert." Carlos got really nervous "Um, Jay... if you were gonna ask someone, what's the best way to go?"

Jay stopped and smirked "Listen, all you got to do... is look like me"

"Oh, ha-ha." Carlos said sarcastically.

"Mal!" Charlotte called out.

"Hey, Charlotte" Carlos said a small blush taking over his face.

"Hey." Charlotte said waving.

Carlos stuttered "I was wondering...uh... if you liked the.... carrot cake last night."

"I had the pumpkin pie." Charlotte explained.

Carlos looked down "Oh, cool. Um, uh--" Charlottes phone began to ring.
"Sorry Carlos I have to take this" she said as she walked off.

"Smooth." Jay said laughing.

"I have an opening for a fitting at 3:00. Who wants it?" Evie asked.

Lonnie yelled "Me!" then she noticed has had some glared from some other girls "Sorry."

Evie nodded "Perfect. I'll take you later."

"Mal?" Charlotte asked as she got off the phone.

"Yes?" Mal replied.

"I hate to keep bugging you, but the decorating committee needs more answers. So, as much as I hate to bug you."
Mal nodded understanding "you need answers"

"Right." Charlotte said.

Mal gave in "Yeah, Charlotte, I would love to. I just have to get to class."

"You know, just nod if you like it."Charlotte explained.

Mal agreed "Okay."

Charlotte began to go through the list "Chair swags. Entry banner. Twinkle lights. Napkin design. Table bunting. And you still haven't picked the party favors yet."

Mal felt overloaded "Honestly, Charlotte, whatever you think-"

Charlotte just carried in speaking "I mean, we can do chains, key charms, pen toppers. I kind of love the pen toppers, but, I mean, we can do all three."

Mal eyes suddenly flashed green "I say pen toppers."

"Yeah?" Charlotte said slowly in a questioning way.

Mal agreed again "Yeah."

Charlotte nodded "You won't regret it."

"Okay." Mal said fully trusting Charlotte.

Lonnie laughed "I can hardly wait to see what your wedding will look like!"

Mal laughed as well "Me, too." the she paused "Wait! What?!"

"The Royal Cotillion is like getting engaged to be engaged to be engaged." Charlotte explained.

"I knew it!" Evie yelled.

"Well, everyone knows it." Lonnie said.

Mal began to talk quite quickly "I didn't know it! How come nobody told me that? Is my entire life just planned out in front of me--"

Ben smiled "Hi, Mal."

Lonnie, Jane and Evie all smiled and said "Hi, Ben."

"Oh, oh. Quick moment." Charlotte said pulling Ben aside.

Ben asked "Uh...?"

Charlotte said "All right, they're almost finished with the surprise for Mal's big night. Snow White, Belle. But the one you designed for Mal is my favorite."

Ben studied it and said "Make sure her eyes are green." He turned back to Mal "Uh... see you later."

Mal smiled saying "Okay." and she walked off with Evie and Lonnie.

Charlotte pulled out 5 samples of green glass "I thought you might say that. Which green should they use?"

Ben looked through them trying to find the perfect shade. "Uh... This one." he said picking out a dark green.