Chapter 10 Good or Evil

"About the other day, I just..." Mal tried to apologise.

Beast sighed "I told Ben this wasn't going to be easy."

Ben said "You also taught me that a king has to believe in himself. Even when it isn't easy."

"I did?" The king asked "I... how very wise of me."

Belle smiled "Ben, we are very proud of you. You keep listening to your heart."

"Thanks, mom." Ben said.

"You're gonna make a fine king." Charlotte said.

"Wish me luck." Ben said walking towards Fairy Godmother at the front of the Auradon Cathedral.

Charlotte brought forward the wand . Fairy Godmother asked Ben "Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?"

"I do solemnly swear." Ben promised.

Fairy Godmother smiled and blessed ben with the wand "Then it is my honor and my joy to bless our new king."

"Jane what are you doing?!" Charlotte yelled.

Fairy Godmother saw Jane with the wand "Child, what are you doing?!"

"If you won't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself!" Jane yelled "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!"

"Take cover!" Beast told everyone.

Belle yelled "Careful, Mal!"

Mal snatched the wand out of Janes hand and Carlos, Evie, Jay all ran up and joined her.

Ben slowly walked towards Mal "Mal, give me the wand."

Mal waved it at him threatening "Stand back."

"It's okay." Charlotte said trying to calm her down.

"Ben, I said stand back!" Mal threatened.

Audrey pointed and yelled "I told you so!"

"Shut up Audrey!" Charlotte yelled as Mal waved the wand towards the crowd.

Carlos said "Let's go!"

"Carlos?" Charlotte asked looking at him sadly.

"Revenge time." Jay said.

"You really want to do this?" Charlotte questioned.

"We have no choice!" Mal told them "Our parents..."

Ben sighed "Your parents made their choice. Now you make yours."

Mal hesitated and lowered the wand "I think I want to be good."

"You are good." Charlotte promised.

Mal looked at her confused "How do you know that?"

Ben stuttered "Because... Because I'm listening to my heart."

Mal nodded "I want to listen to my heart, too. And my heart is telling me that we are not our parents."

She looked at Jay "I mean, stealing things doesn't make you happy. Tourney and victory pizza with the team makes you happy."

Mal continued to Carlos "Scratching dude's belly and hanging out with Charlotte makes you happy. Who would've thought?"

Finally she turned to Evie "And Evie... You do not have to play dumb to get a guy. You are so smart."

She paused "And I don't want to take over the world with evil. It doesn't make me happy. I want to go to school. And be with Ben. Because Ben makes me really happy. Us being friends makes me really happy. Not destroying things. I choose good, you guys."

"I choose good, too." Jay announced.

Evie nodded "I choose good."

Carlos looked at Charlotte "Same. So, just to be clear, we don't have to be worried about how really mad our parents will be? Because they're gonna be really, really mad."

"Your parents can't reach you here." Ben assured.

Carlos nodded "Okay, then. Good."

Mal smiled "Come on."

Maleficent smirked "I'm back!"

"It can't be." Mal said in shock "Go away, mother."

Maleficent cackled "She's funny. Oh! I'm so... you're very funny. Here. Wand me. Chop chop."

"No!" Mal refused she chucked it to Fairy Godmother.

Fairy Godmother caught it spelling "Bibbidi-bobbidi..."

Maleficent froze everyone but herself and the villain kids

After the kids had defeated Maleficent everyone unfroze and Charlotte tripped and was caught by Carlos.
"Thanks Carlos" Charlotte said looking into his eyes.

Fairy Godmother gasped "Oh!"

"What just happened?" Evie asked.

"I have no idea." Mal told her.

Evie looked at Mal quickly "Did you do it?"

Mal shook her head "I don't know."

Fairy Godmother walked over "No, no, no, no. Your mother did. She shrank to the size of the love in her heart. That's why It's so itty-bitty."

"Is she gonna be like that forever?" Mal wondered.

"Well, forever is a long time. You learned to love. So can she." Fairy Godmother explained.

"I believe this belongs to you.
Fairy Godmother" Mal said giving her the wand.

The Fairy Godmother took the ring off the wand "And I believe this... Belongs to you. You all have earned yourselves an "a" in goodness class. Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!"

"Okay, okay! Oh! We kinda got this all wrapped up here." Charlotte said pushing Mal and Ben together.

"Oh... Yeah, let's go." Bens father said

"Next time, I rescue you, okay?" Ben told her.

Mal laughed "Yeah. Let's not let there be a next time, okay? I will be right back."

Fairy Godmother began scolding Jane "I love you. But you are on a major time-out."

"Don't be too hard on Jane. I was the one who put all that crazy stuff in her head." Mal said sadly.

"You are beautiful... Inside and out. Your mom got that right." Charlotte reassured.

Jane: I guess I did get pretty lucky in the mother department.

Mal: Yeah, I guess so.

"Help!" Maleficent said as she was placed into a clear box.

"Careful! That's my mom!" Mal told them.

"Well, let's get this party started!" Jay yelled.